ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

12 December 2017 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 11:24 GMT+1



September 18, 2017

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
To end 2019 DP World will abandon the management of the container terminal of the port of Surabaya

Considering not satisfactory the terms for I renew of the contract of
concession
To end 2019, upon maturity of the contract of concession, the terminalista group DP World of Dubay lascerà the management of the container terminal PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya (TPS) of the Indonesian port of Surabaya, that it has a annual ability to containerized trade pairs to 2,1 million teu. The Middle Eastern group possesses 49% of the capital of the TPS and remaining 51% are in the hands of public harbour society Indonesian PT Pelabuhan Indonesia III (Lost).

DP World has motivated the decision to abandon the management of the terminal being explained not to consider the terms satisfactory for renews of the contract offered from the Indonesian authorities. "DP Wold., together to other total terminals operator - it has emphasized the sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, chairman and managing director of the terminalista group of Dubay - in Indonesia has realized harbour infrastructures of world-wide level that answer to the requirements of the companies of navigation and the productive and commercial field of the region. In last the twenty Surabaya years he has benefitted of the systems the vanguard, of the improvements of productivity and the programs of introduced formation and development from DP World let alone of the best practical of the company in the field of the security, the safety and the atmosphere, and we are proud of the success that we have obtained here. We have invested remarkablly in the infrastructure of the terminal and this has involved the creation of places of work and has contributed to the increase is of the port that of the region. It is a sin - it has denounced - than the remarkable brought positive contributions from the total terminals operator in Indonesia are not recognized fully although our success. Therefore we have remained disappointed from the offered terms of I renew of the operating contract from the Indonesian authorities, than they do not correspond to the level of our continuous investments. To adhere to a rigorous discipline financial institution has been essential for the increase of DP World and on these bases we are able to not to renew the agreement beyond 2019. The transfer of the activities - it has specified Ahmed Bin Sulayem - will second happen the contractual terms and conditions".

"When we invest in infrastructures and services - it has concluded Ahmed Bin Sulayem - our objective is that to serve our total customers and meanwhile to determine positive an economic impact in the nations in which we operate and to offer turned out to our shareholders. We will continue to get ahead our investments in Asia and all the areas that are interested to the investments direct foreign countries".

ABB Marine Solutions
Est Europea Servizi Terminalistici
Consorzio ZAI



Search for hotel
Destination
Check-in date
Check-out date








Search on



Select the subject:  All
News
Ports
Tourism
Database
Aviation
Trucking



Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail