December 28, 2017
- The Istat makes the point on the evolution of the services of transport in Italy
- In 2015, in the segment of the goods the railway modality is increased of +1.6%, that marine one of +3.4%, while the street modality has marked a contraction of -0,6%
- Istituto Nazionale di Statistica has published today the Statistical Yearbook Italiano 2017 who relatively per year 2015 evidences for the field of the transports an light increase of the number of passengers of the rail shipment regarding the year precedence (+1.0%) and a marked increase in distances (+4.5% in terms of passenger-kilometer). In rise also the number of passengers of air traffic (+4.5%), while the marine transport has recorded a bending of the -2,7% for the boarded and disembarked passengers. With regard to the transport of goods, in the 2015 railway modality it is increased of +1.6% in terms of transported tons, that marine one of +3.4%, while the street modality has marked an light decrease of -0,6%.
- The relationship of the Istat finds that the total evolution of the transport services has marked, in the course of the last decade, a rather modest dynamics, in parallel with the tendency to weakening itself of the rate development of the economic activity. The fleeting evolution of the transport, than at the end of the period has reached the levels pre-crisis, on the road distinguishes but sharply from that of the transport goods that it is very far from the recorded results at the beginning of the period.
- >Relatively to the single segment of the marine transport, the Yearbook explains that in the 2015 traffic of goods enlivened in the Italian ports it is piled to 458,02 million tons, of which 63.9% was constituted by the goods disembarked and 36.1% from those boarded ones. Regarding the year precedence, the goods altogether enlivened is increased of +3.4%. In the 2015 number of passengers disembarked and boarded in the Italian ports it has been of 70,3 million, with a decrease of the -2,7% regarding 2014.
- Regarding the harbour traffic of goods, the international movement, that it historically constitutes for Italy the part more consisting of the marine transport of goods, has been of 285 million tons, with an increase of +7.4% regarding the year precedence, while that of cabotage has been of 173 million tons, with a decrease of -2,7%. The movement of producing oil has been altogether of 197,4 million tons (+3.4%), of which 61,7 million in navigation of cabotage (- 1.1%) and 135,7 million in international navigation (+5.6%). Such producing represent 43.1% of the goods on the whole transported, 35.7% of the cabotage and 47.6% of international navigation.
- The ports characterized from the most detached vocation to the international traffic are those situated in the northeast and the islands, respective with a total quota 29.1% and 20.0% of the goods. Considering the single navigation of cabotage, 34.8% of the traffic of goods between Italian ports are carried out in the islands. In the ports of the islands the traffic of the oil produced ones is concentrated also: 43.3% in navigation of cabotage and 33.7% in international navigation.
- Confronting the amount of producing not oil enlivened in the ports for division, inside emerge the high quota (pairs to 30.2%) of the ports of the northeast of international navigation, and the ports of islands (30.0%) with reference to cabotage navigation.
- The relationship observes that, considered the elevated incidence that the oil produced ones anticipate are in cabotage navigation are in that international one, also in 2015 so as in the year precedence, the liquid bulk has represented the type of prevailing cargo in the marine transport, with 41.3% of the total of the goods transported by sea.
- In I confront with the other European Countries, Italy places to the third party place for the marine transport of goods, preceded by United Kingdom and Low Countries, this last one from the 2010 first European port for cargo and disembarked. In terms of quota percentage on the total of the cargo and disembarked in Europe, Italy is come down from 13.6% of 2010 to 12.0% of 2015.
- Relatively to the section of the rail shipment, in the 2015 enterprises of the field they have transported beyond 872 million passengers, having made to record an light increment regarding the year precedence (+1%), and a discreet increase of passenger-kilometer (+4.5%), confirming the started positive trend in 2013 and, in controtendenza, regarding the years precedence. The small and averages railway enterprises have transported beyond 43 million passengers (+1.7% regarding 2014), although the relative mean range of a passenger is of 25,2 kilometers, against the 61,6 kilometers of the great enterprises, with a difference of 36,4 kilometers, analogous to how much already recorded in the two years precedence.
- In the 2015 total of the goods transported on railroad has been of beyond 92 million tons: a modest increment (+1.6%) regarding the year precedence that appears but more sensitive in terms of ton-kilometer (+3.1% regarding 2014).
- The document emphasizes that the positive trend of the railway field goods finds confirmation also in the widest European context, where records a performance of Italy (expressed in ton-kilometer) pairs to 5.1%, and that such value is very better-than-average of other European countries (4.0%), although inferior to that of some Member States as France, than is attested on a 8.3%.
- About the transport goods on the road, the Yearbook explains that beginning from the year the 2010 tons transported progressively are diminished and that this course is ascribable to the phase of economic crisis. Parallel an increase of the activity of discapito professional transport is found to the transport on account own and this probably means that the manifacturing enterprises prefer to more rerun always to the service than esternalizzato transport, also because of the general contraction of the same manifacturing activity.
- Between the 2014 and 2015 performance of the Italian motor vehicles used after the transport goods measured in ton-kilometer it has marked an light bending (- 0.8%), date from a course emphasized negative more on the mean-long distances (- 0.9%) and more content on the breviums distances (- 0.7%). In particular, the national transports beyond 300 kilometers represent, in terms of ton-kilometer, 18% of the transports on mean-long distances (beyond 50 kilometers) for the account own, and 46.7% for third parties (altogether 44.7%).
- The Yearbook emphasizes that, in relation to the objectives enunciated from the EU commission in White Paper of the transports in 2011, the necessity to stimulate modality is therefore obvious alternatives to that street one in the transport services that they preview covered with advanced distances to the 300 kilometers.
- Analyzing the transported merceologiche types on the road, evidences a marked prominence of food, drinks and tobaccos, than with about 20,1 billion ton-kilometer, represent 17.2% of the total, followed from the other produced of the not metalliferous mineral working (glass, ceramic objects of glass, producing and in china, concrete, lime, other materials from construction) and the metals and manufactured products in metal (coo, boilers, blacksmith shop, arm, other manufactured products in metal) with respective 9.8% and 9%. Under the profile of the distances carried out, in local within (within 50 kilometers) metalliferous mineral the consisting performance more turns out to be that of the class and other producing of the mines and the hollow ones, that it represents about 33.9% of the total, continuation from other producing of the not metalliferous mineral working with about 17.7%; the raw materials secondary ones, city refusals and other refusals cover 12.7% of the local transport.
- I confront with the performance of the Countries EU 27 on the road evidences a total increase of the goods transported in 2015 (+2.4%). The Italian carriers have recorded however an light decrease (- 0.8%), passing from 117,8 billion ton-kilometer of 2014 the 116,8 billion one to 2015.
- Relatively to the aerial transport, in the 2015 air traffic from and towards the national ports of call it has recorded a general increment regarding the year precedence: the movements of aircrafts are increased of +0.7%, the passengers of +4.5% and the amounts of goods and mail of +3.1%. In the specific one, while the line flights have widened the user are on international routes (+7.7%) that national (+1.8%), the charter flights quickly have an important decrease of the number of passengers, for flights national pairs respective to -28,3% and -20,7% for those international ones
- Italy, with 9.3% of European aerial transport (9.2% in 2014), is placed to the fifth place in Europe for number of passengers transported, after France (10.2%), Spain (12.6%), Germany (14.1%) and United Kingdom (16.8%).
- In the course of the 2015 total air traffic of goods and mail it is quantified in about 941 thousand tons enlivened on flights of line and charter with an increment of +3.1% regarding the year precedence. The increase of the goods and mails transported is from attributing exclusively to international flights (+5.7%), while the national transport is diminished considerably (- 20.5%).
- As for the turnover indices for transport, these in the 2016 have recorded a substantial stability (- 0.3% on 2015) for the field of the terrestrial transport and by means of conducts and negative variation regarding the year precedence for the marine transport and the aerial transport, pairs respective to -4,5% and -2,7%.