July 22, 2020
- The lockdown has slowed down activity at the Interport
- Traffic increase in June compared to the previous month
- The trend in traffic volumes handled by the Interport
Bologna shows the effects of the health emergency
the Covid-19 pandemic on freight transport. After an already drop
significant activity last March, when
In Italy, measures have been taken to limit mobility
contagion containment, the decline in volumes
moved at the inter-port facility
sharply in April and May, a decline that is
was more subdued last month when the
emergency services have been significantly eased.
- In the second quarter of 2020, trucking traffic at
Bologna Interport was 371 thousand vehicles, with a
-18.4% on the same period last year which is
produced, after a fall of -10.0% in March, by reductions in the
traffic -30.7%, -20.2% and -4.7% respectively
april, May and June compared to the same
- If in the second quarter of this year the number of trains
Interport was up 2.2% as it was
819 convoys, the number of railway wagons
11.9% to 12,000, a decrease of 12,000 units.
after the -5.0% marked in March - was produced by the declines in
-17.9% in April, -17.5% in May and -0.3% in June.
- In the first half of 2020, trucking
802 thousand vehicles, a decrease of -8.7% on
early last year, while the railway wagons
25,000 (-4.8%) were affected.
- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail