|JULY 5, 2016|
- MOL hikes Asia-east coast South America rate US$750/TEU July 15
- UASC shareholders sign over all, only formalities left in Hapag deal
- Vietnam grabs market share from Asian rivals in European trade
- Huangpu Wenchong yard wins 4 dual-fuel box ships orders from Europe
- Huge destocking of European inventories slowed box volumes 4pc
- Port of Virginia's throughput increases 4.8pc to 219,398 TEU
- US mulls 2-man rail crews while researching driverless trucks
- Mideast gas exporters face new risks from Panama Canal expansion
- Hapag-Lloyd CEO to address Sept 13 Hamburg meet after UASC buyout
- Brexit may serve tankers well, but uncertainty will dog other trades
- Slipping sub-Saharan non-oil exports to US tripled over 16 years
- Bahamas Customs fees and fines risk general air freight boycott
- Brexit vote stalls London area airport expansion decision yet again
- DB Schenker signs high-tech uShip to take on freight brokerage job
|JULY 4, 2016|
- Allcargo Logistics announces appointment of Adarsh Hegde as Joint Managing Director
- APM Terminals to acquire full ownership of APM Terminals-Aarhus
- BTL appoints agency partner in Iran
- Coastal shipping of coal getting impetus under Sagarmala
- Container shipping industry to benefit from harmonised interchange inspection criteria
- DP World Group Chairman & CEO rings market opening bell to celebrate listing of $ 1.2 bn Sukuk on Nasdaq Dubai
- FMC allows flexible implementation of SOLAS mandatory VGM requirement at six US ports
- Hamburg Süd honoured as Top Ranked Carrier 2016
- Jamaica develops SOLAS container weighing rule guidelines
- Massive surge in SCFI freight rates
- MOL vessel first Neo-Panamax containership to commercially transit expanded Panama Canal
- Slow growth in shipping fleet seen reducing officer shortage
- Steel/TMT bars moved from Kolkata to Agartala (via Ashuganj) through inland waterways & Indo-Bangladesh Protocol Route
- Coir products exports looking up
- JNPCT & JN Port as a whole show improved performance in June 2016 & Q1 2016-17
- Development of Multimodal Logistics Parks under Sagarmala seen benefiting containerised cargo movement in India
- Gati Kausar launches temperature-controlled warehouse near Delhi
- Growing e-commerce to invest $8 bn in infra, logistics: ASSOCHAM study
- Essar Steel India records 48 pc growth in flat steel production in Q1
- GMR Infrastructure announces stake sale in transmission projects to Adani Transmission
- Post-Brexit, Sri Lanka mulling expediting ETCA with India
- Tariff value of various products revised
- Two dozen textile parks planned
|JULY 5, 2016|
- American Club elects new Director
- New partner in Ruhr basin
- Road One appointee to raise intermodal safety
- Splurging out on tank container fleet
- WDA for IJS Global Gefco UK
- New container processing platform in Tuticorin
- Executive quartet for DB Schenker Americas
- Virgin Atlantic tries to catch Nigerian cargo with GSA
- From one wrinkle smoother to another
- Honeywell to acquire Intelligrated
- Freight railway sets up own forwarding company
- Shippers fear rising costs due to VGM regulations
- Chapman Freeborn reinforces OBC business in India
- Freight exchange wins award
- Georgia - part of the new Silk Road
- Second MD for Grimaldi Germany
- One owner only for Aarhus terminal
- Royal Brunei touches down in Zhengzhou
|JULY 4, 2016|
- Marine trials begin at Liverpool2
- BigLift Shipping continues fleet development
- Clarksons issues profit warning on weak markets and uncertainty, shares fall
- Faith Holdings' offer for Hellenic Carriers becomes unconditional
- Majority of Farstad's lenders agree three-month standstill
- KAMCO provides USD106 million to refinance bulker purchases
- Apparel trade drives South Asia transhipment patterns
- HMM to become top Far East-Middle East carrier
- Ezra Holdings finds buyer for FPSO
- India pours billions into port-rail connections
- HHI explains 'emergency situation' to staff
- Brightoil subsidiary terminates acquisition of 10 bunker barges
- Wisdom Marine orders two Aframax tankers
- New name, business for CSCL
|JULY 4, 2016|
- Shippers slam forwarders and carriers 'exploiting' VGM rule to add more fees
- South Asia the star performer in a sluggish first quarter for container ports
- World's biggest air freight forwarders see volumes fall 3% this year - smaller players do better
- Analysis: Brexit may throw up a few challenges for 'lean and mean' DFDS
- The Northern Powerhouse is ship-shaped in Liverpool
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm with loss of 1,000 jobs as DHL steps in
- RiverOak sees a future for Manston in freight
|JULY 4, 2016|
- Aronnax: The digital gravy train
Wärtsilä's acquistion of Eniram was a matter of when, not if, yet there are still questions to be answered on data
- Sovcomflot affiliates return to legal battle with Nikitin
Latest litigation has started in London High Court
- Kyriakos Mamidakis death ruled suicide
The 84-year-old businessman was found dead at the weekend as clouds gathered over the family's petroleum business
- Olympic fixture from West Africa supports VLCC market
Longhaul fixture stands out in otherwise uninspiring VLCC trading week
- Summer lull hits charter market
Fixture activity slows and will continue to do so, but brokers say there is reason to be optimistic in light of recent container trade volume indicators
- Handysize earnings at two-month high
But rates expected to nudge down due to upcoming holidays in Asia
- Qatargas corners greater LNG market share for Q-flex vessels
Producer signs new contracts to supply 2.4m tonnes per year in Europe and Asia
- Clarksons shares hit after profit warning
Bearish freight and asset market conditions hurt performance of London-listed shipping services group
- Rising bunker costs to hit carrier profits
Second-quarter results set to be lower as rising fuel costs hit margins
- Curtis Davis Garrard to merge with Haynes and Boone
London ship finance specialists get together with Texan corporate law giant
- New name for CSCL as focus turns to financial services
Company will be known as Cosco Shipping Development; trading arrangements on Hong Kong bourse will not be affected
- Ezra companies sell 80% stake in FPSO owner PV Keez
Singapore-listed Ezra says $166.3m sale of PV Keez is in line with strategy to move away from owning FPSO assets
- India to undertake port-rail connectivity projects worth $2.1bn
Schemes approved under the Ministry of Shipping's Sagarmala programme
- Vale sells three very large ore carriers to ICBC-led group for $269m
World's largest iron ore miner is also negotiating the sale of other vessels
- Long-term prospects
For an industry where timing is critical in decision making, only a few people seem to cultivate a native wisdom in their appreciation of its cycles and disruptive influences
|JULY 4, 2016|
- HMM aims for Asia-Middle East market share dominance
- APM Terminals takes full control of fast-growing Denmark terminal
- No SOLAS trouble reported at major Japanese ports
- Jawaharlal Nehru shippers hit with another service levy
- India doubles down on connecting ports to rail network
- Brazil economic woes spark liner service consolidation and higher rates
- Cuba's Mariel port has ambitious plan to become giant feeder hub
- Apparel trade sewing up South Asia transshipment business
- CSCL to get a new name as it shifts focus from boxes to finance
|JULY 4, 2016|
- Viking turns up heat in bondholder battle
Offshore vessel owner says bondholders are rejecting fair and attractive proposal and could end up with nothing.
- Chinese stimulus to firm dry cargo rates
Lorentzen & Stemoco positive for dry bulk as Beijing responds to Brexit.
- CSCL changes name to reflect liner exit
Chinese company to become Cosco Shipping Development after CSG's merger with Cosco.
- Offshore bubble bursts as tonnage builds
Quiet weekend poses rates danger to owners in North Sea.
- Drugs worth $275m found in three containers
Australian police seize 2.5m hits of methamphetamine in Melbourne.
- SCF fights Nikitin's $388m compensation claim
London hearing will focus on what private Russian owner would have done with cash frozen by state company ahead of massive fraud trial.
- Fincantieri signs landmark deal with CSSC
Italian shipbuilder gets more strategic role in the construction of the first Chinese cruiseship for Carnival.
- Stephen Feinberg sells DHT shares
Fund manager has cashed out of New York-listed tanker owner, filing says.
- Berenberg in $500m private equity push
Historic German bank joins forces with new partner to help fill industry funding gap.
- Polemis aframax deal sets new benchmark
Greek owner New Shipping buys second tanker in as many months.
- CMES expects first half profit to spike
Chinese VLCC and bulker owner expects a boost from government subsidies and better crude market.
- WSS opens 24/7 service in Egypt and Panama
Shipmanagement company responds to market demand and picks up first contract from Avance.
- Austal stays in compliance
Australian shipbuilder maintains banking support despite higher production costs.
- Farstad strikes short-term debt deal
Offshore shipowner wins summer breathing space as it works toward restructuring solution.
- Clarksons: 2016 profit will be 'materially lower'
London-listed shipbroker says falling freight rates, offshore slowdown, limited newbuildings and quiet capital markets will impact bottom line.
- Thai shipyard blast kills four
Ayutthaya facility shut after blast during work on ferry newbuilding.
- Seacor swoops for Richfield fleet
US owner said to have bought 11 offshore ships from Singapore company.
- HMM claims Middle East supremacy
Restructuring Korean owner boosts links to region; 'has largest market share.'
- Braemar top brass see little increase in salaries
Chief executive only director to see higher pay packet as shipbroker's board sees major overhaul.
- Vale offloads more VLOCs to ICBC
Brazilian mining giant says it is also negotiating the sale of other vessels to strengthen its balance sheet.
- Otto Marine seeks bond redemption approval
Move to redeem notes part of Singapore offshore vessel operator's plans to go private.
- Stealth Maritime aframax arrested in Singapore
Super Shipping has Greek-owned vessel detained over claims it is owed $4.4m in charter fees.
|JULY 4, 2016|
- Med HSFO cargo market at steepest backwardation in 20 months on tight supply
- Renewed violence rocks Nigeria's delta region as militants bomb pipelines
- FUEL FOR THOUGHT: Colombia's peace deal could spur oil sector turnaround
- Norway averts strike that would have hit oil, gas production