|JUNE 6, 2016|
- Confusion: SCFI A-E rate up 5.6pc while Drewry's WCI soars 99pc
- G6 Alliance announces range of Asia-Europe schedule changes
- Top 22 North America ports see box traffic fall in March and April
- Rotterdam gets big first call/last call boost from 2M re-scheduling
- Average ship size calling at US east coast to rise 25pc, but slowly
- UPS warns shippers of delays when box VGM weigh-in rule applies July 1
- LA/Long Beach truckers strike seeking an end to freelance status
- Australia's GDP grows 1.1pc, led by exports which alone rose 4.4pc
- Canada's GDP up 2.4pc as exports and consumers drive growth
- Swiss GDP up 0.1pc as exports lead what little growth there is
- Cartel activity could land European truck makers record fines
- Henan Civil Aviation Development Investment said to buy Hahn Airport
- DHL goes galactic, targets brave new world of space freight
- FAA certifications hold up Hawaiian air cargo expansion plans
|JUNE 5, 2016|
- DB Schenker sets up 100 pc-owned logistics entity in Myanmar
- Guidelines for evaluating/awarding tenders for shipbuilding, dry-docking & ship repair works issued
- SCI almost doubles net profit in 2015-16
- UASC shareholders generally supportive of ongoing discussions with Hapag-Lloyd
- Coffee exports see Robusta-led growth
- India keen on developing port in Bangladesh
- JN Port records highest inter-terminal movement of trailers in May 2016
- Port of Amsterdam & VCK Group break ground for fourth all-weather terminal
- PSA Terminals all set for SOLAS implementation
- Sagar port development to get rolling soon
- V. O. Chidambaranar Port bags National Award for excellence in cost management
- BIFA seeks to 'trailblaze' freight forwarder qualification
- Common user domestic terminal run by GSEC Ltd inaugurated at Raipur airport
|JUNE 6, 2016|
- Three year contract lands in Downton net
- Betuwe: timetable change during construction work
- Oil and gas fuel GAC's expansion in Namibia
- New services and locations for Air Canada Cargo
- 9 million trucks in 29 years
- UK railfreight operator gets funds for new traction
- Four new faces adorning BVL board
- Textron Aviation reveals superior SETP performance
- Deep water quay open for business
- Logistics centre now fully let
- Sustainability award for agri-produce transport
- James and James appoints non-executive director
- US-Japan cargo JV launch in less than one month's time
- Straight from XI International Railway Forum in Sochi
- New subsidiary in Poland
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- US to crack down on water, air pollution violators
- Panama Canal expansion: bulker and tanker sector outlooks
- Panama Canal expansion: container sector outlook
- Marine insurers warn on slip and trip costs
- Jan De Nul USD2 billion deal to dredge Payra
- ICTSI's new Congo terminal to open in mid-June
- Shipbuilder DSME quiet on talk of more self-help
- Offshore specialist Otto Marine receives potential takeover offer
- Singamas heading for first-half loss of USD25 million
- Suezmax joint venture raises prospect of tanker mega merger
- Hyundai Merchant Marine to dilute affiliates' share holdings
- STX O&S customers concerned about ship deliveries
- Tramp container ships miss charter peak
- Capacity cuts and rate hikes see slight gain in Asia-Europe spot prices
- CIMC Enric terminates Sino Pacific Offshore & Engineering acquisition
- Frontline to use USD328.4 million China Exim loan for eight tankers
- Maersk signs three-year transport deal with RUSAL
- Tanker majors launch Suezmax info-sharing platform
- Posidonia 2016: Size of the Greek shipping fleet is no guarantee of strength
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- Yngve Ruud appointed global head of air freight at Kuehne + Nagel
- Doomed BHS owes logistics companies £2.6m - with DHL topping the list
- G6 extends Asia-Europe Loop 6 suspension indefinitely to sustain freight rate gains
- Analysis: a CEVA IPO - will the stars line up or would fingers get burnt?
- No end in sight for Bangladesh congestion as garments fail to sail
- EU finally starts talks on aviation agreements with Gulf countries
- Interesting times for Cargolux as shareholder HNCA eyes Frankfurt-Hahn
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- Lightering of grounded Great Lakes bulker gets underway
- Liberian Registry offers owners some cost savings help
- Ardent celebrates its first birthday
- Eastern delivers Z-Tech escort tug
- Gibdocks drydocks Canadian RO/RO duo
- LR provides AIP for HMD design LNG bunkering vessel
- Wartsila adds to its range of Genius services
- Danelec books VDR orders in China and Taiwan
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- Construction project underway for Bellingham manufacturing facility
- Los Angeles port board Oks fiscal year 2016/17 budget
- Seattle-based Coast Guard Cutter departing on mission to Arctic Ocean
- Independent review panel formed for Roberts Bank terminal project
- DOT awards grant funding for US border crossing projects
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- Posidonia's Themis Vokos honoured by Propeller Club
Maritime Greeks line up to hail pioneer compatriot behind successful shipping fair
- Dry bulk volumes plunge at Port of Rotterdam
Coal imports plummet at Europe's biggest port, with some growth in biomass used for power generation
- Aronnax: Look to the future while operating in the present
Athens-based Arista Shipping has plans, but can they become reality?
- Frontline's ship acquisition strategy: As clear as mud
Heavy-hitting tanker owner wants to buy vessels on the water, yet snaps up four newbuilding resales
- G6 pulls Asia-Europe loop as carriers fail with latest GRI attempt
Low demand forces alliance to suspend its Loop 6 offering
- Greek owner sure of deepsea gas-powered bulker bet
Arista Shipping sees early future in the vessels despite market turmoil
- Capesize rates recover on iron ore trade
Renewed optimism from Australian miners supports rates though oversupply worries persist
- Brexit is 'grave threat' to London market, insurance heavyweights warn
Jobs and business at risk if Britain quits EU, say Lloyd's, IUA and Fidelis
- Frontline scoops Metrostar VLCCs at shock price
First two newbuildings acquired for $84m apiece with second two on option at $86m
- Noble founder stepping down as group offers discounted rights issue
Chinese financial backing and further management changes at embattled commodity trader
- Havila locks in earnings for two PSVs amid North Sea spot turbulence
Longer-term charters reduce exposure to vagaries of North Sea offshore vessel market
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corp merges yards
Internal consolidation will lead to gradual reduction in commercial shipbuilding capacity
- Keppel denies conspiracy allegations in EIG Petrobras lawsuit
Keppel added as defendant in case, says allegations are baseless
- HMM to carry out capital reduction for major stakeholders
Move paves the way for group to initiate debt-equity swap with bondholders
- LPG cargo cancellation risk grows in US Gulf
Price spreads are not currently encouraging eye-catching VLGC trade out of US Gulf
- First round of Hanjin charter rate talks complete
Negotiations set to continue with no clear or definite result as yet
- Otto Marine expecting proposal from potential suitor
Company had requested a trading halt on the Singapore Exchange before release of statement
- Safe Bulkers regains NYSE compliance despite mounting operating losses
Company implements drastic cost reduction plan and completes novation agreement for two newbuildings
- Association of Average Adjusters to add offshore testing to its examinations
Instead of traditional marine questions, candidates in the future can choose to be tested on offshore aspects
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- FMC urged to decide if major SOLAS breakthrough gets a shot
- LA port approves fiscal-year budget to fund ongoing expansion
- Eastbound trans-Pacific spot rates strengthen
- Trucking hiring shrinks as warehousing continues gains
- Congo terminal first of four to open in ICTSI global expansion
- Air cargo traffic rises, but demand still soft
- Singamas issues profit warning for first half as demand, prices fall
- GRIs, capacity cuts keep Asia-Europe spot rates up
- Maersk signs transport deal with Russian aluminum giant
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- Lightering of grounded Roger Blough begins
Operation starts a week after Keystone Shipping operated self-unloader ran aground.
- Analysts: Safe Bulkers opex 'impressive'
New York-listed bulker makes strides but analyst says it won't bring profitability any time soon.
- Liberian Registry feels owners pain
Ship registry announces fee cuts, new rules to deal with downturn
- Petrobras ends fears for Helix-Siem duo
Brazilian oil giant agrees to take well-intervention duo from Helix at reduced rate.
- Carmaker claims top $40m in Courage fire
DHI Global is second cargo interest to blame ARC car carrier fire on Ford SUV.
- Major US LPG terminal to undergo repairs
Planned turnaround at US Gulf Coast facility will curtail ship traffic near month's end.
- STX France yard blocked by workers
French labour protests spread to the gates of Saint-Nazaire shipbuilder.
- Petrobras gives WWS ships final extension
Brazilian oil major gets approval to stretch two contracts with the Norwegian company by 60 days each.
- Solstad quartet to tow BP FPSO
Norwegian owner enters double deal with SBM Offshore and BP over unit owned by the oil giant.
- Suilven salvage to cost $20m
Fiji ports company asking for donation to shift sunken ro-pax.
- Investors back UASC/Hapag merger; no vote yet
Shareholders in Middle East company were supportive during EGM, but no decision on merger.
- Korean banks' bad loans hit 15-year high
Non-performing portfolios reach $26bn due to crisis-hit domestic shipowners and shipyards.
- CSDC changes both chairman and name
The world's largest tanker owner will operate as Cosco Shipping Energy Transportation.
- Olympic keeps targeting renewables
OSV Olympic Delta wins eight-week contract as Norwegian owner gears up with diversification.
- Statoil piles in for nine anchor-handlers
Norwegian major's splurge sends North Sea spot rates to $24,000 per day.
- Indonesian ferry runs out of fuel
Reports say Pelni's Jetliner stalled off Bau Bau as tanks ran dry.
- UK P&I Club reveals injury claims of $155m
Protection-and-indemnity body gives advice on how to prevent painful slips, trips and falls onboard.
- HMM shareholders taking capital-reduction haircut
Group chairwoman Hyun Jeong-eun, Hyundai Elevator and Hyundai Global losing $372m as holdings cut by 82% in refinancing.
- MOL capesize comes to the rescue of six
Bulk carrier controlled by Japanese giant brings to safety stranded castaways off Indonesia.
- Hanjin: rate-cut talks still in early stages
Korean owner responds to report it has not yet made much progress in vital cost-saving negotiations.
- Nautilus: UK fleet stats call for action
UK maritime trade union is worried about underlying trends for British shipping.
- Boa Offshore adds more bonds
Norwegian offshore owner buys back another $2m of issue due in 2018.
- Havila seals PSV deals with Statoil, Total
Restructuring offshore vessel owner secures employment for two of its vessels with oil majors.
- St Helena heading to Channel Islands?
Alderney expresses interest in using Royal Mail ship rendered obsolete by airport.
- Noble Group plans discounted rights issue
Richard Elman also set to stand down as executive chairman of major dry bulk charterer.
- Marine MLPs mount share price recovery
Recovery in the oil price and fears about distribution cuts fading are driving up share prices.
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- FMC praises West Coast terminal effort to ease VGM compliance
- Commentary: Windmills, world trade and the environment
- Power Edison looks to deliver batteries by truck, rail or barge
- HMM reduces ownership stake of affiliates
- U.S. trade deficit trending down
- Global food-import bill to tumble to 7-year low
- Executive Moves: SCCC, XPO Logistics and ICS
- UASC: Owners 'generally supportive' of merger discussions with Hapag-Lloyd
- Maersk to transport aluminum for Russian producer
- FTR: Class 8 orders stabilize after fourth-month decline
- U.S. to ban trade of ivory across state lines
- AAR: U.S. freight rail traffic slide continues in May
- West Coast terminals to continue weighing containers after July 1 SOLAS implementation
- Bezos: Amazon looking to supplement parcel carriers, not replace them
|JUNE 3, 2016|
- West Japan/Tokyo Bay 380 CST bunker fuel spread narrows on ample supply in West Japan
Poor demand in West Japan.
- Spain's Enagas, Barcelona push port as future LNG hub
One jetty will be adapted for LNG bunkering.
- TENDER DATA: India's IOC sells 35,000 mt of 380 CST HSFO for June 21-23
The buyer was Gulf Petrochem.
- Singapore fuel oil stocks hit all-time high amid slower demand for cargoes
Breaking previous high of 31 million barrels in May 12-18.
- SSA's Poulsson elected International Chamber of Shipping chairman
Will focus on industry's readiness for IMO Ballast Water Management Convention.
- Ecuador says still in talks with Chinese investors over refinery project
The government signed a memorandum of understanding with CNPC and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China in 2012 to seek funding.
- Oil complex disregards OPEC meeting after US stocks decline
NYMEX July crude settled 16 cents higher at $49.17/b. ICE August Brent settled 32 cents higher at $50.04/b
- US DATA: EIA says residual fuel oil stocks drop to lowest since October on import declines