|MAY 30, 2016|
- A-E up 37pc to US$720/TEU, Med ports rise 21.8pc, USWC up 4.6pc
- Building Maersk market share helped in collapse of Q1 rates: Alphaliner
- Box ship scrapping gains momentum ahead of born-again Panama debut
- CMA CGM downgrade sparks fears as Jamaican terminal takeover approaches
- Baltic Exchange is approached by Singapore Exchange over possible tie up
- DHL signs Chengdu deal to speed up building of 'Belt & Road' trade hub
- MSC calls at Oman's Salalah on new service, linking Asia to the Mideast
- Zim posts US$16 million quarterly loss as revenue falls 21pc to $630 million
- Low year for claims boosts financial performance for North P&I Club
- Long Beach port chief executive sees no quick fix, but only mergers ahead
- Hapag-Lloyd to impose terminal handling charges at facility in Abidjan in June
- Norbulk first shipmanager to convert to EU eco-friendly reefer gas
- ATA: Congress must act to preserve current hours of service rules
- Miami airport aims to become a free trade zone and global air cargo hub
- Amazon freighters too few to affect UPS, FedEx profits, says Moody's
- April Air cargo demand in Asia Pacific FTKs flattens
- Air cargo cannot cope with future Southeast Asian e-commerce market
|MAY 29, 2016|
- CMA CGM's proposed acquisition of NOL cleared by Chinese Ministry of Commerce
- Elektrans Group promotes Capt. Rishi Sharma to Director of Public Affairs in India
- London P&I Club warns on enclosed space entry & testing procedures
- Maersk Line launches new service between Latin America & Asia
- The need for Codification of Admiralty Laws in India
- Pesticide residue analysis report now required for export of some fruits, vegetables to UAE
- Cochin Port celebrates 'Port Day' discussing business
- Conference discusses legal risks for port operations
- Nitin Gadkari to participate in celebration marking Kandla Port's 100 mt throughput landmark on May 31
- FedEx acquires TNT Express
- India keen on better connectivity to South Asian neighbours
- Cotton arrivals up to April-end constitute around 89 pc of total crop
|MAY 30, 2016|
- Humans will remain at the heart
- Going intermodal between Italy and Romania
- Pemco's USF team wins engineering competition
- Silver anniversary in Poland
- Norcal and PNW director for Metro Ports
- New train services for Germany and Austria
- Normandy Ports' industrial hinterland on the rise
- Aviasecure recognised as hazmat academy in Austria
- Handing out awards in Copenhagen
- Containerships consolidates services
- PTC equipment for railroad in Missouri
- Allgood to chair GPA board of directors
- From deepest Turkey to Teheran
- Law firm strengthens commodities team
- Four diesel locomotives for Thailand
- Adverse winds and choppy seas for Zim
- Gulf Air back in Bangladesh
- Serbian logistician stakes claim in Germany
|MAY 27, 2016|
- West African piracy 2.0: commodity value of cargo has been replaced with crew
- Australia ship detention puts spotlight on ship safety management
- Aurora LPG signs financing on final newbuilding
- Hoegh LNG Holding mulls converting LNG carrier
- Charter talks not over yet, say HMM and Korean financial watchdog
- Iran offshore plant orders still being discussed, says DSME
- Two more chemical tankers for Heung-A Shipping
- India implements port reforms to improve poor Ease of Doing Business ranking
- Rate increases lift Asia-Europe container spot market
- Shandong Shipping reports 2015 profit slump of more than 66%
- China wants its shipyards to lead the world in 10 years
- China COSCO appoints vice-chairman, raises management salary
- Chabahar port deal makes hot topic of Mukherjee's China visit
- Flexible enforcement of VGM rule comes as a relief to supply chain
- Pacific Basin's USD150 million rights issue gets green light from investors
- US port funding run aground by LGBT issues
|MAY 27, 2016|
- Asia's GoGoVan unveils its intention to 'change the DNA of the logistics industry'
- Confused? Find out what the experts say about VGM
- GRIs bring positive spin to Asia-Europe container trades as carriers eye a better peak season
- Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd and UASC a merger made in heaven for the banks?
- Cargo thieves active during Memorial Day weekend, firms warn
- Shippers, including Ikea and Nestlé, call for new EU laws to cut truck emissions
- Ray Curtis and Delta part company
- Daniel Hegwin named new Belgium and Netherlands managing director for Kerry Logistics
- Commentary: 'time to pull together on VGM'
|MAY 27, 2016|
- U.S. ferry fleet carries 115 million passengers a year
- The American Club wins Lloyd's List Maritime Services Award
- Thai OPV to have MAN 28/33D STC engines
- Wartsila donates engine to Texas A&M Maritime Academy
- P&I club warns on cargo hold dangers
- Senate bills fund ten Navy, six USCG ships
|MAY 27, 2016|
- Port of Edmonds names Johnston to vacant Port Commission post
- Capt. Williams Timmons taking helm of Coast Guard Sector Columbia River
- Port of Seattle recruiting students for summer high school hiring program
- Trade between NAFTA partners down during month of March
- Diana Shipping sets charters for pair of dry bulk vessels
|MAY 27, 2016|
- Flex LNG chasing mysterious 'commercial opportunities'
John Fredriksen-backed company looking at opportunities across LNG value chain
- Finance squeeze for small shipowners over next decade, warns DNB's Blikstad
Doing business with operators of fleets under 10 vessels is prohibitive, argues big gun banker
- 1m barrels per day of oil riding on US election
A Trump victory would raise global output by 500,000 bpd, while a Clinton win would reduce output by 500,000 bpd
- Haves and have-nots
A tie-up between a London institution and Singapore's younger start-up has got tongues wagging over what that means for the future of two maritime city hubs
- Asia-Europe carriers push through second GRI this month
But despite successive price pushes, there is little sign thus far of an improvement in the second quarter of Asia-north European rates on the first three months of 2016
- TT Club sees combined ratio jump after Tianjin box payout
High number of $1m-plus claims, confirms Pontoppidan
- Benign claims boost free reserves at North P&I Club
But club may need to increase capital levels
- Höegh LNG in the black as gas flow rate for FSRU fleet triples
Ample supply of LNG available at low cost for FSRUs
- Increased Chinese capital outflows to benefit container shipping
'One Belt, One Road' initiative could significantly transform global manufacturing scene
- Aurora LPG improves profit on reduced costs and portfolio changes
But lack of dividend payment could reflect concern over current stagnation in VLGC rates
- Tuxpan Port Terminal starts operations
CMA CGM's Hammonia Venetia will make its maiden call at the port on July 4.
- Chinese shipbuilding loans riskier than shipping ones, says ICBC banker
Chinese banks turning more cautious on lending to domestic shipbuilders
- India and Iran sign Chabahar port agreement
Agreement for India has geopolitical ramifications
- Greek shipowners confirm government backing in rebutting European Commission's tax position
UGS president Theodore Veniamis urges Brussels to put shipping 'at the centre' of EU vision
- Seadrill first-quarter revenue weighed by lower offshore vessel rates
Group, however, achieved 97% vessel utilisation rate for period
|MAY 27, 2016|
- Extension provides Savannah shippers fluidity beyond the port gates
- Oakland container terminal to require mandatory truck appointments for imports
- Rising Mexican container trade squeezes truck capacity at US border
- Eastbound trans-Pacific spot rate rises as peak season nears
- El Faro loss could lead to stricter inspections of Jones Act ships
- India cracks down on port-related inefficiencies
- India appeals for Chinese private sector help, amid tension over Chabahar port
- Weak volume, overcapacity squeeze Brazilian terminal operator
- Ro-ro ships take aim at heavy-lift cargoes
- Automation of chassis invoice reconciliation promises savings
- Asia-Europe spot rates rise ahead of June 1 GRIs
- Lenient VGM rule enforcement to help industry through teething
|MAY 27, 2016|
- Stifel: Hawaii building boom to help Matson
Honolulu-based boxship company benefits from islands' construction plans.
- New Orleans fight over Flaminia on hold
Parties agree to sheath swords while main fight continues in New York.
- DHL hits NewLead with $14.3m lawsuit
Charterer alleges that deficiencies on the bulker NewLead Venetico led to costly cargo delay.
- CMA CGM ship to kick off Tuxpan port
New port targets boxship, auto carrier and cargo traffic for Mexico's interior.
- Spanish yard Gondan wins ferry order
New 250-passenger vessel will serve routes near Vigo for Naviera Nabia.
- SM pulls out of deal to buy SPP
South Korean group could not agree price for takeover of tanker builder.
- Search for missing crewman to resume
Seafarer lost from Irish Ferries vessel off Wales.
- Eimskip goes for 2,000-teu trio
Container line's new order plans with Royal Arctic Line revealed as profit rises.
- Winning Shipping snaps up modern MOL capesize
Chinese owner continues bulker bargain hunt with deal for 2013-built Japanese ship.
- HMM lines up $26m asset sale
Restructuring owner will offload KB Financial stock as share price jumps.
- Siem completes expanded $280m bond offering
Holding company adds EUR 50m to notes sale designed to buy back Subsea 7 bonds.
- Flex LNG ready for steel cutting with open mind
Fredriksen-controlled company is pursuing alternative commercial opportunities within the LNG market.
- STX Offshore 'could file today'
Korean shipbuilder may seek court receivership as early as Friday.
- Aurora LPG funds final newbuilding
VLGC spot specialist on song in first quarter with loan secured on final ship.
- Hoegh LNG makes it back into the black
Norwegian owner benefits from better regasification flow rate in first quarter; could drop down Hoegh Grace to MLP.
- Icon Offshore sinks to first quarter loss
Malaysian offshore vessel operator hurt by falling revenue as long-term contracts come to an end.
- Danaos aims for 15% cut in boxship fuel consumption
Greek shipowner said to have undertaken 35 concept studies on the optimization of its vessels.
- Official cites 'colossal management failure'
TOTE executive responds that he sees El Faro loss as accident and cannot see any failure.
- Port of Long Beach retains AA bond rating
Fitch cites top market position, liquidity and robust ability to service its debt for decision.
- Vantage sues Pacific Carriers in cargo case
Houston drilling contractor lodges US lawsuit alleging damage to drilling equipment.
- STX collapse set to reduce tanker orderbook
Analyst says backlog of 50+ crude, product and chemical ships could be delayed or cancelled.
|MAY 27, 2016|
- Iceland seeks support from bremenports to establish a new port
- China CRRC to raise up to $1.8b in private share sale
- Russia looks to expand chicken exports
- Commerce sets duties for corrosive-resistant steel imports
- Port of Oakland's largest terminal makes appointments mandatory for imports
- LGBT amendment sinks Army Corps appropriations bill in House
- Polymer Logistics to build new DC in Georgia
- Info-X partners with INTTRA on VGM tool
- TIACA announces members of newly formed shipper council
- SCFI soars 9.8%
- STX Shipbuilding faces restructuring, possible liquidation
- ECU Worldwide takes VGM compliance in stride
- Special Coverage: FMC's Cordero calls for more resources to handle trade