|JUNE 5, 2017|
- Asia-Europe rate drops 4.5pc to US$933/TEU, but up 11.8pc to USWC
- US trade groups express concern over Trump's Paris agreement departure
- Box shipping industry to make total profit of US$1.5b in 2017: Drewry
- Global box shipping industry to see volume growth in 2017: Alphaliner
- Deltamarin to build containerships for Eimskip, Royal Arctic Line
- Euroseas to buy 2,788-TEU ship from its JV, Euromar
- Shipping Corp of India's annual profit of US$27m hit by weak rates, demand
- US firms missing out on billions of dollars on cross-border trade: UPS
- UPS names Lauren Zhao as new MD for Hong Kong and Macau
- Airfreight growth continues but outlook uncertain, says WorldACD
- Ex-UIC freight director Hans Kersten to be new FIATA head
- Dogfight between Kung Fu Panda and Hello Kitty breaks out over Asian skies
|JUNE 4, 2017|
- Bahri inks JV agreement with Saudi Aramco, Lamprell & HHI to build Middle East's largest maritime yard
- CMA CGM reaffirms commitment to sustainable development
- PPG appoints new members in India
- Publication dissects major casualty response
- Stakeholders call for ensuring adequate draught, augmenting terminal & warehousing facilities for developing sustainable waterways in North-East
- Transworld Shipping Agencies felicitated for handling highest number of container vessels in Cochin
- Adani Ports begins berth construction at India's first transhipment port in Vizhinjam
- Contech Logistics excels in multimodal integrated logistics solutions for ex-im trade
- Digital India seen heralding revolution in Indian economy
- Facility for Online Generation of Rotation Number by Shipping Lines/Agents
- FIEO seeks uniform GST rate for textiles & leather sectors
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- Perserverance the key to survival of P&Is, says American Club CEO
- Saudi Arabia eyes VLCC construction at Ras Al-Khair
- Spanish dockers to strike from Monday
- COSCO Energy takes delivery of new LNG carrier
- Sri Lanka ports minister confirms Hambantota deal to be renegotiated
- COSCO remains vague on reason for trading halt
- Polaris Shipping ventures into Supramax segment with Dongkuk Steel contract
- Hyundai HI orders up more than three-fold
- COSCO yards deliver Ultramax bulker and agree rig deferral
- Samsung HI wins Coral FLNG project
- Trafigura confirms massive tanker order at HHI, New Times
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- EU ramps up air freight security, with more nations labelled 'high-risk'
- 'Trump's Paris pullout won't hold up transport sector's efforts to reduce emissions'
- More volatility expected as transpacific spot rates rebound after weeks of decline
- Analysis: seems like Groundhog Day for CMA CGM's promised IPO
- Hapag-Lloyd to cut more than 1,000 jobs after UASC merger
- Walmart turns employees into delivery drivers to compete with Amazon
- Royal Cargo gears up to meet the growing demand in Philippines cold chain
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- Trafigura backs $1.35 billion tanker newbuilding spree
- VIDEO: Newport News delivers Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78)
- LNG fueled PSV awarded four year contract
- MARAD: $9.8 million available for Small Shipyard Grants
- Modular battery system could be a game changer
- Gulf Island gets four tug order from Bay Houston
- Norway: Trade Minister announces all-electric tourism boat
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- Brazil Port State Control to inspect all converted VLOCs before loading
Short space of time between Polaris vessel incidents prompts new safety measure
- Between the Lines: Capacity changes
Increasing vessel size on major trade lanes has led to a collapse in the number of services offered.
- Simulate Stellar Daisy incident to find answers, says ClassNK chairman
Proper investigation is achievable even as the VLCC-turned-VLOC was lost in high seas
- Can Yang Ming win back clients' confidence?
Taiwanese carrier needs to demonstrate more strength to earn shippers' trust
- Songa's Billung bets on 'supply-driven' rises in bulker prices
Limited newbuild orders will provide upside to secondhand prices, says industry veteran
- An ugly figurehead
The US president has carved himself a crude mahogany effigy, and mounted it proudly on a coal-fired monstrosity
- Data Hub: World Fleet Update
Improving conditions for container market lead to optimism that supply and demand are coming back into alignment, but order overhang remains
- Blockchain to force transparency on shipowners looking for finance
Industry warned that access to money will be subject to openness and real-time monitoring
- BW LPG's Ackermann takes Panama Canal toll rises in his stride
Canal is helping to support demand for LPG, says boss of world's largest VLGC fleet
- Growth of intra-regional trade spells bad news for box lines
Technology revolution puts carriers reliant on big ship success at risk, says DSF
- Defending LOF
Letter to the editor: It is in the industry's interest to help maintain a capable salvage sector
- Protest and progress
Letter to the editor: Shipping was well-represented at climate change negotiations
- Offshore markets to bottom out by end-2018, says Rystad Energy partner
Global offshore exploration and production expenditures to recover from next year after higher sanctioned amounts in 2017
- Hyundai and Lloyd's Register to develop LNG-fuelled bulkers
Project announced amid tighter environmental regulations in shipping
- Judy Murray quits ABS
Corporate director of media communications to pursue freelance writing career
- First US and Africa floating LNG export projects make headway
Samsung Heavy Industries wins $2.5bn vessel order for Coral FLNG project
- Falcon Energy cancels $654m jack-up orders
Builder Shanhaiguan New Shipbuilding Industry takes a hit
- Navig8 vessel attacked in the Gulf of Oman
Navig8 Providence is second product tanker to be attacked this week in the Middle East
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- Brazil poultry shippers in a flap over Itajai port closure
- NY-NJ drayage truckers snap up chassis ahead of mega-ship arrivals
- Feds delay decision on new rail line bypassing Chicago
- Rotterdam port plans offshore energy project support site
- Shippers to benefit from UP Colorado rail maintenance
- 'Smart' trailers, boxes set to enhance shipment tracking
- New Matson ship to increase US-Samoa sailing frequency
- Canal proposes lower tolls for New Panamax backhauls
- Growth slows at JNPT despite productivity push
- Nagoya, Yokkaichi ports form joint venture
- Sri Lanka to revisit controversial Hambantota port deal
- Above average air cargo growth slows
- Trans-Pacific spot market ends four-week decline
- Cosco vague on details behind ongoing stock suspension
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- Hanssons' share buy takes NAO stake to 10%
Executive chairman and son invest $1.21m in offshore vessel owner a day after buying more NAT shares.
- Ocean Rig creditors clash over proposed settlement deal
Term lenders say Highland raised its demands. Highland says term lenders playing 'hardball'.
- CMB Financial Leasing finds its 'dream deal' with Peter Gram
CMBFL hopes to open the door for more transactions with Norway's traditional shipowners.
- Seacor shareholders gain from OSV spinoff
Shares of offshore vessel holding company notch gains during the first day of trading.
- Ernst Russ and Pareto working to start investment firm
Shipowner joining forces with Norwegian bank to jointly target the German market.
- Panama Canal looks to change toll structure
Two-tier toll structure being proposed for panamax and neo-panamax LPG carriers.
- Coral FLNG project receives green light
Eni-led development finally gets the go ahead in what will be the first of its kind in Africa.
- GMS takes novel approach to offshore scrapping
If competitors sign promises to scrap, it may grease the wheels of a deal
- Arc7 LNG carrier lines up for Russian naming
Christophe de Margerie is to be the centre of attention in St Petersburg tomorrow
- Odfjell shares ambition for chem tanker consolidation
Kristian Morch says mergers and acquisitions could be on the cards but Oslo-listed owner will not 'bet the farm' to get a deal done
- The Fjords newbuilding to be fully electric
Norway's trade and industry minister Monica Maeland was on the water today as Norwegian sightseeing vessel operator The Fjords revealed the name of its second state-of-the-art newbuilding project. Maeland was onboard the company's existing hybrid-electric vessel Vision of the Fjords (built 2016), moored at Tjuvholmen in Oslo for Nor-Shipping, to formally announce the new ship will be called Futur
- Trafigura to develop competitive advantage
Commodities giant's big ship leasing deal comes at a time of low newbuilding prices, Affinity analyst notes.
- Dof Subsea set for Oslo bourse return
Mons Aase-led company reveals IPO plans and targets further growth in the tough offshore market.
- Belships adds Imabari newbuilding
Oslo-listed shipowner adds ultramax for eight years in a deal that includes a purchase option.
- Navig8 Product tanker attacked by pirates
Assailants fire shots at oil carrier but armed security team onboard manages to keep the vessel safe.
- Solstad Offshore fixes and sells PSVs
Oslo-listed owner wins long-term contract from ConocoPhillips while it also offloads 1996-built ship.
- Odfjell successfully taps Oslo bond market
Expanding chemical tanker owner raises more than $59m to help it refinance existing bonds.
- Five minutes with Kristin Holth
Kristin Holth, global head for shipping, offshore and logistics at DNB, talks about the challenges for shipping and the need for more hours in every day
- Seismic player PGS postures for upturn in oil and gas spending
PGS executive optimistic for renewed growth as analysts foresee improvement in 2017
- Rickmers forced into bankruptcy by HSH Nordbank
Germany's HSH Nordbank says it will no longer discuss restructuring of debt owed by Rickmers Holding, forcing the company to file for bankruptcy. The Bertram Rickmers-led boxship and marine services company submitted a term sheet last month for dealing with the bank debt. But late on Wednesday, Rickmers Group said that HSH Nordbank "surprisingly denied approval of the term sheet". Rickmers Grou
- SGX and port "possible" terrorist targets
Singapore government says threat remains at highest level in Lion Republic in recent years.
- DBS suspends coverage of Noble Group
Singapore bank says recent events make it difficult to anticipate potential outcomes for company.
- Tavlarios out at Aegean Marine after miss
UPDATE: Bunker supplier says it continues work on plan to reduce costs and sell ships. Stifel responds with upgrade.
- Falcon Energy cancels rigs and hires adviser
Singapore-listed outfit also plans informal talks with holders of bonds maturing in September.
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- HMM box volumes skyrocket on Asia-U.S. West Coast trade
South Korean ocean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) saw its volumes skyrocket 73 percent year-over-year on the Asia to U.S. West Coast...
- SCFI rises 4.9%
The Shanghai Shipping Exchange's Shanghai Containerized Freight Index rose 4.9 percent from last Friday's reading of 853.43 to a reading of...
- Trump's Paris agreement departure troubles trade groups
President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris Climate Agreement on Thursday has some U.S. industry organiz...
- Walmart begins testing associate delivery service
Walmart has started testing an associate delivery service, in which trucks move orders from fulfillment centers to stores for pickup, but i...
- Port of Vancouver, Wash. nears completion of $250m rail project
The Port of Vancouver USA is nearing completion of its decade-long, $250 million freight rail infrastructure project, dubbed the West Vanco...
- Descartes jumps deeper into 'pool' distribution
Logistics systems provider Descartes Systems Group has acquired the assets of Progressive Computer Services, known as PCSTrac, for $11.25 m...
- Port of Los Angeles FY 2017/18 budget totals $1.17b
The Port of Los Angeles' budget for fiscal year 2017/18, which will begin July 1, 2017, budget totals $1.17 billion, the port said Thursday...
- Hanjin Heavy delivers safety-certified autonomous vessels
Hanjin Heavy Industries, in collaboration with Alpha Ori Technology, has built the first ships to be classified with Lloyd's Register's cyb...
- Intermodal rates rise for seven consecutive months
Intermodal rates rose 2.7 percent in April 2017 compared to the same 2016 period, down slightly from a 4.8 percent year-over-year increase ...
|JUNE 2, 2017|
- Rosneft inks deals with Kurdistan, Thais, Philippines to widen oil cooperation
Deals with Kurdistan see several projects to build on supply contract
- Statoil puts VLCC on subjects for Sture-Canada voyage in late June: sources
Statoil is the equity holder for the bulk of the Oseberg loading program, which consists of seven cargoes of 600,000 barrels each in June.
- Argentinian refiners buy Suezmax of Nigerian Forcados crude: sources
A group of Argentinian refiners have purchased a Suezmax-sized cargo of Nigerian Forcados crude for delivery in mid-June, Latin American sources said Friday.
- Top oil industry figures play down immediate peak demand threat
Consensus swirls around 2040s-2050s for demand to peak
- Mexico's Salina Cruz crude-loading port closed by bad weather: ministry
No tankers had been programmed for departure on Friday, according to the port's web site.
- Global shipping emissions strategy not impacted by US' Paris pull-out
"General consensus exists within the industry that we will play our part in matching the spirit and ambition of the Paris Agreement on climate change," Esben Poulsson, President SSA says.
- External: Praxis Energy Agents S.A
- External: Wired Bunkering
- Japan's MHI, MHPI target delivery of new SOx scrubbers from 2020
The new open-loop system scrubber will alos result in considerable space savings.
- President Trump says will pull US out of Paris climate accord
- Trump will pull US out of global deal, seek new terms - US cannot formally exit until 2020 - Decision opposed within administration, CEOs