|APRIL 6, 2017|
- OOCL lowers THC at mainland Chinese ports
- Search continues for S Korean cargo ship that went missing off Uruguay
- Yusen ordered by Japanese authority to shut down customs operations
- APM Terminals Mobile to benefit from Walmart's new distribution centre
- BIFA says it will assist British government on up-coming Brexit discussions
- Repairs to typhoon shelter in Hong Kong for dolphins
- Belt and Road talk topped Xi meetings in Micronesia, Nepal and Madagascar
- Samsung ends Note 7 output, and Vietnamese GDP growth slips to 5.1pc
- China's newest all-cargo carrier takes to the skies
- IATA's e-AWB penetration rate falls in February
- Swiss Post, Matternet to launch drone delivery of hospital supplies in 2018
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- Arshiya Group restructures debt with Edelweiss ARC
- Maersk Line leads the way in ease of doing business for ex-im trade in North India
- Safmarine exports first shipment out of Pangaon in Bangladesh
- Small Indian vessel hijacked & taken to Somalia
- Natural rubber import down
- Essar Ports registers impressive 25 pc throughput growth in 2016-17
- E-Visa entry operational through Cochin, Mormugoa & New Mangalore ports
- India can collaborate on port development in Sri Lanka, says Minister
- Major Ports' throughput over 647 mt in 2016-17
- ACCI executes remarkable project cargo movement
- Air cargo traffic up in Feb. 2017 y-o-y
- March sees increase in truck freight rates
- You ask.. We answer...
|APRIL 6, 2017|
- LHVs about to take to roads in Switzerland
- Leadership change at IAG Cargo - yet again
- "Virtual cargo airline" appoints GAC as Dutch GSA
- Central Asian railways join forces
- Teesport welcomes new Liebherr STS crane
- Large-scale expansion programme
- Dnata commences operations on São Paulo A380 service
- New long length rail facility in Italy
- TGP appoints Joerg Roehl as CEO Europe
- "Proximity to the port"
- Eimskip and Nor Lines marriage to be called off?
- Two Isago certifications in West Africa
- UK: autonomous shuttle begins London trials
- Shouldering e-commerce fulfilment in Malaysia
- Duisport rock solid in 2016
- Another B747-8F for Silk Way West Airlines
- Shipping registry makes key appointment in Japan
- Swiss Worldcargo rolls out new organisational structure
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- New heavy-lift 'workhorse' concept unveiled
- BLG defies ro-ro and breakbulk slump
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics merger completed, as shares begin to be traded
- Wan Hai's profit down 71% in 2016
- Wilmar buys two Supramaxes as buyers move in improving market
- Shipping firms warned over 'self-heating' soya concerns
- Lloyd's must end face-to-face transactions, warns Macquarie
- MMC Corp buys out unowned stake in Penang Port for USD50 million
- UPDATE: MSC container ship blaze contained
- DSME's creditors discuss refund guarantee for Angelicoussis' recent order
- Singapore's Pavilion Gas to supply LNG bunkers to Total unit
- Scrap prices firm as shipowners hope for more
- Shipping posts near record-breaking quarter on Wall Street
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- Capacity-stricken box lines under fire from European shippers over lost contracts
- Food logistics the star performer as Dachser drives ahead
- Exporters face business loss in Asia as Europe's capacity crunch continues
- UK shippers could save 30% per box switching from road to rail freight
- Dear Donald: US freighter pilots take anti-DHL fight to the White House
- Panalpina quits its Gabon operations as oil and gas sector declines
- Why billionaire Brad Jacobs is putting deal-making on hold
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- C-Job provides design package for advanced installation vessel
- Finnlines to lengthen up to six ships at Remontowa
- LPG-fueled LPG carrier concept unveiled at Gastech
- Gladding-Hearn books order from Southwest Alaska Pilots
- ABS broadens Type Approval to include Subchapter M
- GTT introduces an LPG cargo containment system
- Viking Line signs shipbuilding contract with Chinese yard
- Damen Dunkerque completes dry dock refurbishment
- WinGD unveils new piston ring concept
- $11 million Jones Act penalty is largest ever
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- Venezuela adds new twist to Atlantic MR product tanker trades
Rate rally slows but USAC gasoline demand likely to stay firm for summer demand
- South American grains exports pin panamax bulker earnings near 2017 high
Chinese coal imports from US can further add to the tonne-miles
- Cosco Shipping eyes VLCC expansion
Acquiring other operators and ordering newbuildings are on the table
- Stellar Daisy: What went wrong?
Six serious deficiencies were found in the vessel this February but it was allowed to sail without any detention
- Marenave kisses fleet goodbye under deal with banks
But agreement could pave way for Offen and DEVK to step in as investors
- LPG index holds at highest levels this year
Owners maintain momentum by going for rates well-above last done
- Hanseatic Underwriters adds three Lloyd's syndicates to P&I offering
XL Catlin, Sompo Canopius and Hamilton join consortium
- Evergas' new fleet ready to gorge on US shale gas revolution
Danish gas carrier owner's eight new vessels are first to haul shale gas-derived ethane to Europe
- Eastern China shipbuilding city to shut zombie yards
Plan to close 17 facilities comes after Beijing officials say nation's vessel building capacity should be cut by 30%
- DSME yet to secure refund guarantee for Maran VLCC order
News comes ahead of meeting with stakeholders on April 17-18
- APMT opens Lazaro Cardenas terminal
First stage of build out launches with 1.2m teu of capacity
- Finnlines to spend $75m on vessel expansions
Ro-ro owner will use Polish shipyard to lengthen four ships by May 2018
- MSC boxship catches fire off Colombo port
Updated: MSC confirms no injuries sustained by crew of 22, with the fire extinguished
- Sovcomflot to add more LNG-fuelled aframaxes during fleet renewal
Chief executive Sergey Frank expects further development of LNG bunkering facilities in the coming years
- HNA and Chinese class society join rush to develop unmanned ships
Alliance aims to deliver the first self-driven cargo carrier by 2021
- EU Navfor investigating reports of another piracy incident off Somalia
Potential incident is the third in four weeks after years of calm
- Seadrill extends loan maturity amid restructuring plans
Company warns that shareholders could see minimal recovery of their investments
- Maersk boxship collides with general cargo vessel near Antwerp port
No containers lost and no injuries sustained due to the incident
- Wilhelmsen and Wallenius complete merger
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics commences trading on the Oslo Stock Exchange today
- Japan's Astomos could run entire VLGC fleet on LPG fuel
Move to install LPG dual fuelled engines on all 22 vessels would be largest ever undertaking of its kind
- The UK Apprenticeship Levy: what you need to know
Making the most of the levy's opportunities will take preparation
- Are you ready for the UK Apprenticeship Levy?
It is time to decide whether to take the hit or try to make it work for you
- Education department 'intransigence' blocks officer cadet apprenticeships
But boost for ratings training wins widespread UK industry plaudits
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- SSAT to serve Tacoma terminal after APMT leaves
- HMM narrows 2016 loss on year-end revenue gains
- Penske aims to guide shippers, truckers via ELD maze
- Outlook for carriers seen worsening on overcapacity, debt
- Damco launching new tech portal amid startup boom
- MSC vessel blaze highlights mega-ship risks
- CBP: No launch date for unfinished ACE functions
- Chennai Port struggles to drive up rail volume
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- CMA CGM and Hamburg Sud agree to share on west coast
Liner giants to share four vessels on weekly service calling at ports between California and Colombia.
- Costa Cruises secures best charterparty ever
Carnival subsidiary charters out passenger ship for wedding of billionaire's son.
- Tidewater sees progress in debt talks
New Orleans-based offshore vessel owner gets short-term waiver from lenders
- Ocean Rig gets creditors to agree on plan
George Economou's drillship company can move forward with restructuring.
- Smaller bonuses for Clarksons executives
Top management at giant shipbroker see payouts adjusted due to fall in profit.
- Matson drops APM Terminals at major hub
US-based ro-ro and boxship operator plans to work with joint venture partner SSA instead.
- Norden adds MR pair to orderbook
Chairman says additional chartered ships take its medium range newbuilding count to six vessels.
- Containerships wins $23m for LNG shipping
Grant from the EU and NEFCO helps owner push on with gas-powered boxships.
- Joerg Roehl leaves Hansa after six years
German owner's managing director appointed as CEO Europe of Natco.
- Podiumspot lines up $560m Crusino newbuild
Malaysian group wants to launch world's biggest casino cruiseship.
- Viking Line finalises Xiamen newbuilding
Last year's letter of intent with Chinese shipbuilder is now a firm $207m contract.
- ENTMV orders $175m ro-pax in China
Algerian shipowner picks GSI for its new car ferry.
- Euronav: 'time to put a bell on the cat'
New York-listed owner says single inspectorate needed in supply driven crude market.
- Socar buys three more from Palmali
Azeri trader forms new shipping arm to handle expanded tanker, LPGC fleet.
- U-Ming falls to loss in 2016
Taiwanese bulker owner hit by revenue sinking below costs last year.
- A1 Offshore acquires Ocean Zephyr
Danish newcomer snaps up walk-to-work vessel from Germany's OWS Off-shore Winds Solutions.
- Rolls Royce nets LNG ferry engine deal
Kjell Harloff says the development represents 'a big contract in a tough market'.
- Jinhui Shipping sells final handysize
Oslo and Hong Kong-listed bulker owner offloads loss-making vessel to Inui Steamship.
- IGU: LNG trade hit record level in 2016
Global gas business jumped 5% - the third year of growth.
- Suez Canal offers perks to bulk carriers
Vessels bound from Australia and South Africa to Europe are given 75% and 40% discounts.
- ESG to build three New York ferries
Florida yard wins deal for 4,500-passenger Staten Island ships.
- Emas Offshore delays annual report
'Financial challenges' leave Singapore owner uncertain over results.
- Finnlines to lengthen four ships for $74.8m
Profitable Emanuele Grimaldi-owned company keeps spending money on upgrading its fleet.
- EMGS ship utilisation soars
Norwegian seismic player enjoys busier first quarter.
- MSC containership hit by fire off Sri Lanka
Blaze on MSC Daniela extinguished; no injuries reported.
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- FMC to look for additional opportunities to provide regulatory relief
Source: Federal Maritime Commission FMC Acting Chairman Michael A. Khouri Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) ActingChairman Michael Khouri s...
- Hapag-Lloyd comments on Europe-Asia booking crunch
Source: Oliver Hoffmann/Shutterstock A Hapag-Lloyd spokesperson said space is tight on the Europe to Asia trade right now from an uptick in ...
- Containerships receives funding for LNG project
Finnish logistics company Containerships plc. has received funding for plans to build four ships that will use liquefied natural gas (LNG) ...
- Congress expresses concern over liner shipping concentration
Members of Congress expressed concern over the growing concentration in the container shipping industry and its regulation by the Federal M...
- Matson to partner with SSA Terminals in Tacoma
Matson Navigation Company, a subsidiary of Matson Inc., will partner with SSA Terminals (SSAT) for stevedoring and terminal services at the...
- Estes Express transitions Canada service into direct LTL route
Estes Express Lines is transitioning its Canada service into a direct less-than-truckload (LTL) route in order to pick up and deliver Canad...
|APRIL 5, 2017|
- N Sea Sullom Voe loadings up at 85,307 b/d in week to Tuesday
The terminal loaded 597,150 barrels during the week, or an average 85,307 b/d of Brent crude.
- Norway okays Statoil Trestakk project, boosting Asgard oil volume
The project is going ahead after a reluctant Statoil came under pressure from the authorities.
- China Q2 products export quota set at 3.34 million mt, down 77% on year
China has allocated the second round of oil product export quotas at 3.335 million mt for the processing trade in 2017, down 77% from the 14.59 million mt for the same round last year.
- TENDER DATA: Pakistan's PSO cancels LSFO buy tender for April
When: Buyers option to declare
- US DATA: EIA says USAC fuel oil stocks lowest since July 2015
Imports of fuel oil into the US jumped 25% from last week to 142,000 b/d.
- Singapore delivered 380 CST bunker MOC has first trade in over 5 years
During and outside the MOC process however, offers for delivered 380 CST bunker were heard at $315-$316/mt.
- Mild congestion for bunkers in Gibraltar may intensify: sources
Small numbers of ships have been waiting to get into the port every day this week.
- Mediterranean 0.1% gasoil at five-month low, while diesel ticks up
Last month's announcement that Saudi Aramco was to resume supplying oil products supply to Egyptian General Petroleum Corp. has helped to ease differentials.
- External: Praxis Energy Agents S.A
- Full-year loss narrows, revenue up: Ecoslops
- External: Wired Bunkering
- TRADER NOTE: Consultancy 20|20 Marine Energy hires Per Funch-Nielsen
- Global LNG trade up 5%, new markets fuel increase: IGU
- Oiltanking to build new terminal in Texas City
The Texas Independent Deepwater Expansion terminal will have 1.6 million cu m of storage.
- FUJAIRAH DATA: Oil product stocks fall 6.8% on week to 22.29 million barrels
Stocks of heavy distillates and residues totaled 11.45 million barrels, down 7.1% from a week earlier.
- External: Global Risk Management
- TRADER NOTE: Peninsula Petroleum bunker trader leaves Singapore desk
- Nigerian oil output slumps to 1.676 mil b/d in March: ministry
Sources said output down mainly due to maintenance at the Bonga field, which averages around 150,000-200,000 b/d.