|MAY 10, 2017|
- Shanghai port box throughput rises 5pc to 3.3m TEU in April
- Oversupply in shipping to remain for next 2-3 years: DBS
- Strong fiscal year start for India's JNPT with box volume up 12.6pc
- Taiwan's Premier wants 'friendly' ties with China
- Raising of Bayonne Bridge to be completed 6 months ahead of schedule
- US rail traffic continues to grow for the sixth month in a row in April
- XPO Logistics posts Q1 net profit after being in the red in Q1 last year
- IAG Cargo sees Q1 revenue drop 2pc to US$281m despite volume growth
- Ceva in the red for US$57m despite increase in revenues and volumes
- Etihad extends life line to Air Berlin after Alitalia bankruptcy
- Air France-KLM suffers wider Q1 loss despite revenue growth
- Budapest Airport handles record tonnage of Q1 cargo
|MAY 10, 2017|
- Fleet makeover at Schuon
- Increased capacity in mid-Atlantic region
- May - the maritime month for New Orleans port
- One step further
- Efficient booking tool for port-hinterland transport
- Logistics base for Paragon's offshore operations completed
- Cargologicair welcomes third B747F
- McLane promotes Maurici
- Acquiring local expertise in Italy
- AA Cargo adding several seasonal routes
- Unveiling multimodal carbon calculator
- Inter Manager welcomes three new members
- Roberts to retire from Columbus airport authority
- Strategic operational partnership established at ACE
- 144 new wagons for log transport
|MAY 9, 2017|
- Gard scraps USD90 million deferred premium
- Box ship charter rally loses momentum
- Idemitsu Kosan and Showa Shell set up pre-merger VLCC alliance
- DHT goes for USD300 million bank loan
- Euronav orders two Suezmaxes for Valero charters
- Expert panel to review DSME restructuring
- China to increase controls on Belt and Road investments
- Singapore offshore companies issue Q1 profit warnings
- Addax terminates disputed BW Offshore FPSO
- China Aviation Oil eyes more bunker volumes in Singapore
- Bulk carrier prices continue upward trend despite freight weakness
|MAY 9, 2017|
- Union warning as DHL warehouse staff call off strike over transfer to Great Bear
- Charter rate upswing means a reprieve for box ships bound for the breakers
- Analysis: Swiss forwarders K+N and Panalpina have ambitious targets
- Global volume vs rate debacle
- What in the world is causing the retail meltdown of 2017?
- New Loadstar LongRead: How to benefit from freighter and belly partnerships
|MAY 9, 2017|
- VIDEO: Zero emissions, zero ballast - and zero crew
- DFDS RO/RO newbuilds to have ABB shaft generators
- Fairbanks Morse to supply diesel generators for LHA 8
- VIDEO: USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) on sea trials after RICOH
- New FRS cat to have MTU engines and Kamewa waterjets
- Saam Smit adds Damen ASD 2411 tug to Panama fleet
- Drone helps cutter make major drug seizures
- Spanish operator orders 109 m Incat wavepiercer
- JonRie commissions new Double Drum Escort Winch
- VIDEO: P&O Ferries four return from Remontowa refits
- Euronav orders two at HHI, backed by seven-year charters
- Sarah Kenny to be next BMT Group Chief Executive
|MAY 9, 2017|
- Innovate or die
Container shipping drags itself into the digital era, at last
- We're proud and in control, says DHT
Tanker outfit says it is now in the 'premier league' of VLCC owners and refuses to be pushed around by others
- Ballast water rules to help bigger owners in US trade
Smaller players will not be able to compete due to compliance costs, says Eagle Bulk's Gary Vogel
- Gener8's VLCC sales are opportunistic, says Georgiopoulos
Tanker owner's first-quarter results beat forecast
- Macron border control shake-up could hit ferry operators
UK Chamber of Shipping warns over threat to end Le Touquet treaty
- New guide aims to help seafarers affected by stress
Charity issues guidelines for seafarers and close ones as stigma over seafarer trauma persists
- Supramax rates ebb to two-month low amid weak Pacific and Atlantic trades
But some expect market to recover on the back of increased grain movements
- Data Hub: World Fleet Update
As supply and demand balance stabilises, carriers and owners will need to maintain discipline on orders
- New VLCC orders already more than double 2016 total
Low prices at yards driving wave of ordering
- Gener8 Maritime offloads VLCC pair to AET at $81m apiece
Prices at a premium to market valuations
- Shippers scrutinise carriers over Europe-Asia congestion
Eastbound rates subside after two-month spike, but shippers are unhappy due to 'unjustified' surcharges, low-value cargo being priced off the trade, and ongoing backlogs
- Emerging markets help to lift ICTSI first-quarter volumes by 11%
Operations in Iraq and Democratic Republic of Congo boost total throughput numbers
- Euronav inks two more charter deals with Valero Energy
Tanker operator now has four long-term charters with refineries giant
- China Merchants boss: 53 VLCCs is not enough
CMES dismisses fall in freight rates as strong market fundamentals stir appetite for expansion
- Maersk defends Alibaba trial
Danish group dismisses reports of little interest in online platform for cargo bookings
- Ocean Rig unit debt restructuring hits a snag
Major stakeholder of unit opposes proposed restructuring scheme
- Genco narrows first-quarter losses
Company sees boost in rates and continues to improve the age profile of the fleet
- Eagle Bulk reports narrower first-quarter loss of $11m
Improved time charter rates and more chartered in vessels lead to higher revenue
- Tepid tanker market and higher voyage costs hit DHT net profit
Earnings per share come in below forecasts
- Parakou founder CC Liu dies
Mr Liu started his career as a ship engineer
|MAY 9, 2017|
- Alliances cause US West Coast port delays
- Free container database offers collaboration springboard
- US import growth forecast to slow after strongest surge in year
- Europe-ECSA rally makes southbound new headhaul
- China steps up Belt and Road investment oversight
- Productivity gains lift volumes at India's major ports
- Rotterdam Port Authority acquires container rail shuttle
- Rising China-Europe backhaul demand spurs new services
|MAY 9, 2017|
- Genco moves to offence with focus on M&A
Chief executive John Wobensmith says New York-listed bulker owner sees focus on capesizes, ultramaxes and supramaxes.
- Shell testing restart of Forcados exports
Restart of major Nigerian tanker terminal could help suezmax market.
- Eagle Bulk upsizes in charter swap and eyes more renewal
New York-listed bulker owner switches handysize on long-term charter for ultramax as focus on the larger class grows.
- DHT Holdings opens up on Frontline pursuit
Co-chief executives discuss their position in takeover saga.
- Navios Partners keeps up buying spree with another cape
New York-listed bulker owner picks up third large bulker in as many weeks.
- Black Sea Shipyard's loss mounts
Ukrainian plant sees annual deficit grow threefold as revenue falls.
- GasLog Partners tries for $121m in unit sale
LNG carrier owner wants cash for potential drop-downs from parent.
- CFO quits at yard group Cosco Shipping
Singapore-listed company looking for permanent successor as Ma Hong Han steps down.
- Restructured Havila reports big profit
Offshore owner lifted by redemption of debt but utilisation remains low.
- Bahri in major Shell VLCC deal
Consolidation steps up as Saudi operator ties up deal to use Shell tankers for its Arabian Gulf exports.
- Probe begins after crewman "stabbed" on cargoship
Dutch police investigating incident on Universal Marine vessel.
- Gener8 Maritime swells coffers with triple sale
Peter Georgiopoulos points to important decisions providing significant flexibility.
- Kenny replaces French at BMT Group
UK engineering company appoints QinetiQ director as French departs after 12 years as CEO.
- Alaska Tanker set to retire 2004-built ship
Report claims that BP-affiliated company looks to withdraw suezmax that has faced technical problems in the past.
- Moody's turns more positive on Navios Maritime Holdings
Ratings agency encouraged by bulker market upturn and end of dispute with Vale.
- Owner and staff jailed over ferry sinking
Bangladesh court convicts company and nine workers after accident claimed 81 lives.
- Brazilian OSV phoenix to rise from flames
Broker Westshore cautiously upbeat on prospects as tenders increase.
- Loading issues blamed for cargoship capsize
Salvage plan being drawn up for Southern Phoenix in Fiji.
- Bugbee back for more Scorpio Bulkers shares
President picks up more stock in bulker owner amid positive comments from analysts.
- McDermott gets 100% of Oceanteam vessel
US owner buys remaining 25% stake in joint venture with restructuring Norwegian company.
- Lone bondholder holds up DSME
Korean yard trying to persuade opponent of restructuring to drop objection.
- Commerzbank loan losses hit $212m
First quarter provisions rise at German lender due to shipping woes - with more to come.
- Euronav orders suezmaxes for long-term charter
New York-listed owner says Valero Energy taking duo to be built at Hyundai Heavy.
- Incat wins Spanish ro-pax newbuilding deal
Australian fast ferry wins repeat business from Naviera Armas with third ship in as many years.
- Top Spanish investor buys into Teekay Corp
Kenneth Hvid-led tanker and offshore company says hola to be new significant shareholder.
- China bauxite demand driving up ton-miles
World's largest aluminum consumer having to go further afield for commodity, says Torvald Klaveness
- Ezion Holdings set to post first quarter loss
Singapore-listed offshore vessel firm says results impacted by depreciation of US dollar.
- Denmark to help combat resurgent pirates
Danish military to supply spy in the sky to counter renewed threat to shipping off Somalia.
|MAY 9, 2017|
- Trump signs H.R. 244 into law
President Donald Trump signed H.R. 244, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017 into law on Friday. The U.S. House of Representatives ap...
- NRF: Major U.S. retail container ports can expect imports to rise
Source: trekandshoot/Shutterstock Ports covered by the Global Port Tracker handled 1.53 million TEUs in March, up 6.8 percent from February ...
- St. George Logistics acquires Dicom's Extra Express division
St. George Logistics (STG), North America's largest provider of outsourced container freight station services, has acquired the Extra Expre...
- Antonov Airlines sets sights on overseas expansion
The Ukrainian heavy-lift air carrier Antonov Airlines is preparing its aircraft fleet and expanding cargo sales for future operations in th...
- LLamasoft lands new investment from TPG
The supply chain modeling and design software provider LLamasoft said Tuesday it has received an investment by the global private equity gr...
- Puerto Rico trade outlook uncretain following debt restructuring
It's too early to tell how the decision last week by Puerto Rico to restructure $123 billion in public debt and pension obligations, essenti...
- EC adopts measures within EU Single Market plan
The European Commission (EC) adopted a package of measures last week within the "EU Single Market" to ensure European Union (EU) regulation...
- Werner to implement MacroPoint's visibility platform
Omaha, Neb.-based transportation and logistics services provider Werner Enterprises, Inc. will implement freight tracking software provider...
- Port of Long Beach volumes jump 16.5% in April
The Port of Long Beach handled 558,014 TEUs of containerized cargo in April 2017, a 16.5 percent increase from the same month a year ago, a...
|MAY 9, 2017|
- IFO 380 Buenos Aires fell to lowest level in over one month on ample supplies
IFO 380 grades at Buenos Aires were assessed at $349/mt delivered, down $9, based on price indications around $350-360/mt delivered.
- ANALYSIS: Iran's oil exports slip in April, loses market share in Asia
- Exports fall 8% to 2.16 million b/d - Chinese, Indian demand ebbs - Stiffer competition from Saudis, Iraq - Austria to emerge as new customer
- TANKERS: Sharp rise in inquiry provides firming pressure to freight rates
All told, there were at least five cargoes working on Tuesday, with Vitol, Valero, Shell, Koch and PMI being represented.
- Crude decline pushes implied volatility higher
NYMEX June crude settled 55 cents lower at $45.88/b. ICE July Brent settled 61 cents lower at $48.73/b.
- Med fuel oil blenders opt for Baltic M100 on strong finished-spec demand
M100 is typically used as a blend component to produce finished grade fuel oil, especially at times when refinery produced RMG 380 is expensive.
- NWE set to return from shortage of low metal LSFO: market sources
Northwest Europe is set to return from a shortage in low sulfur fuel oil with a low metals content as one of two refinery streams that had been offline return to operations
- Gothenburg fuel oil prices hit month low despite maintenance
Sweden 380 CST fuel oil prices hit a month low Monday, closing at $286.00/mt. The last time levels were lower was March 31 at $285.00/mt.
- Istanbul bunker market sees heavy congestion following poor visibility
There are delays of three days through the Bosporus, both northbound and southbound
- Gener8 Maritime well-positioned for growth with young fleet: CEO
A young, well-positioned fleet gives Gener8 Maritime a comparative advantage over rivals, CEO Peter Georgiopoulos said Tuesday during a first-quarter 2017 earnings call.
- FACTBOX: Spring refinery maintenance in Europe, Russia drawing to a close
- External: Praxis Energy Agents S.A
- External: Wired Bunkering
- FUTURES: Oil largely unchanged on mixed outlook on supply