|JUNE 12, 2017|
- Asia-Europe rate remains flat at US$935/TEU, but falls 9.6pc to USWC
- CMA CGM launches new weekly INDIAMED service starting July 2
- Owner of Rickmers, Bertram Rickmers, could lose his entire empire
- Hapag-Lloyd comes up with UASC integration timeline
- Container ship charter rates slide, reversing uptick in February
- Shippers in southwest India turn to Cochin for transshipment
- 47pc of US online shoppers buy goods from overseas e-retailers
- UPS opens new facility in Colombia to tap healthcare industry
- Air China Cargo starts freighter service to Liege Airport
- UK forwarders urge government to expedite expansion of aviation capacity
- Ethiopian Airlines to host ICAO forum in Addis Ababa June 27-29
|JUNE 11, 2017|
- CMA CGM launches INDIAMED, a new service linking East Mediterranean with Djibouti, Arabian Gulf, India & Pakistan
- Maersk Line enables first ever container shipment from Visakhapatnam to Nepal
- Maritime entities would need to register state-wise under new GST regime
- Anti-dumping duty imposed on chemical from China, Japan & Korea
- Antwerp port sets new record with arrival of Madrid Maersk
- Logistics hub opportunities seen for Chennai in post-TFA, GST & DPD scenario
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates container terminal, multi-cargo terminal & other projects at Kamarajar Port
- GST Council constitutes 18 Sectoral Groups for smooth roll-out of new regime
- GST impact seen largely neutral for corporate sector
- Negligible impact seen of GST on logistics & shipping sectors
- Global economy better but new approaches needed to make globalisation work for all, OECD says in latest Economic Outlook
|JUNE 12, 2017|
- Brookfield Rail completes major upgrade programme
- Port terminal opens after delivery of time-critical cargo
- Miami airport director is power leader of the year
- Focussing on books logistics
- Self-steering truck for Brazil's sugar-cane harvest
- CO2 data available for Kuehne + Nagel transports
- Air China Cargo lands in Liege
- Aersale appoints new materials group VP
- Major takeover doubles logistics business
- Pakistan boosting locomotive fleet
- Georgia Ports see container peak in May
- Volga-Dnepr flies gas turbine to Myanmar
- Singpost wins world post and parcel laurels
- Expanding operations despite Brexit
- Intermodal link between Italy and Romania
- New potential for Yang Ming in Panama
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- More than malware
- Marine insurers fear Brexit effect of hung parliament
- ECSA calls for work to start on new EU shipping strategy
- Spanish dockers and terminal operators make fresh bid to stop port strikes
- MPC Container Ships raises USD75 million in private placement
- Petredec and Bidvest to develop LPG terminal in South Africa
- China insurance giant to buy millions of shares in Qingdao port
- Pacific Radiance granted SGD85 million government-backed funding
- Indian iron ore lures charter operators to Singapore
- Viking O&M makes USD38 million claim against private Chinese firm
- Heineken bets on biofuel barges for exports
- Seoul mulls more yard space for Busan Port
- Private equity firm IMM ups offer for Hyundai Samho HI stake
- Picking the winners and losers in wake of Qatar shipping ban
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- Asia-Europe carriers take charge, hiking rates in peak season run-up
- K+N uses invoices to show clients their ocean freight carbon footprint
- UK's 'coalitions of chaos' must find a new approach to Brexit
- New Loadstar Podcast: ORBCOMM and the road to logistics digitisation
- Costly air cargo squeezing the juice out of mango exports
- How retail supply chains are adapting to the Amazon effect
- Will Kenya get value for money from its new railway?
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- VIDEO: Royal Caribbean floats out Symphony of the Seas
- Veslink Voyage Reporting certified as EU MRV solution
- Foss Maritime taps ABS for Subchapter M compliance support
- Alumarine Shipyard to build rescue boat for Brittanny
- Blue INNOship project yields results for J. Lauritzen, Torm
- Heat recycling system for tugs nominated for Innovation Award
- Havyard to build five more ferries for Fjord1
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- Samsung HI focuses on LNG despite surging VLCC newbuilding demand
South Korean yard major says no to loss-making deals
- BIMCO sees few economic incentives in scrapping converted VLOCs
Vessels are still employed on time charters at profitable levels despite nearing demolition age
- Liner shipping players eye Sohar transit to save Qatar services
A "restraint of princes" clause may relieve carriers from liabilities for delays or damage to cargo, says lawyer
- Rising bunker costs boost canal traffic
South of Africa container backhaul trade no longer viable
- Landmark offshore vessel merger a hair's breadth away
Get ready for a new offshore vessel player to make its presence felt
- Boxship fund raises $75m in private placement
MPC Containerships gathers cash to expand containership fleet
- Maersk Line offers alternative for cargo under way to Qatar
Feeder vessel will be deployed to transit via Salalah
- P&I clubs can decline cover for losses on Qatar trade, warns Gard
Situation is more like a trade embargo than a sanctions regime, says P&I club
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- DHL promises seaborne shipment visibility
- Itajai port reopens after three-week closure
- East-west spot rates retreat after advance
- Legislation would give FMC more alliance muscle and money
- Record, but slower, growth predicted for US imports
- New chassis business model would cut costs, trucker says
- Analysis: China to shape international trade via Belt and Road
- CMA CGM, APL launch new India-Med services
- Fortune 500 highlights e-commerce impact on US logistics
- Myanmar awards contracts for cranes at new Thilawa terminal
- Maersk launches time-definite Visakhapatnam-Nepal rail
- Japan takes stake in Cambodia's Sihanoukville Port
- Heineken brews biofuel barge plan to cut emissions
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- Ship Finance International sells $58.8m in bonds
John Fredriksen-backed shipowner plans to use process to refinance existing debt.
- Fourth ballast water system wins USCG type approval
Qingdao-based company becomes the first non-Western player to win type approval.
- USCG asks shipowners: 'What rules can we cut?'
Request for comments comes as Trump Administration makes play to cut red tape.
- Poten duo urge Trump to push energy exports outside of Gulf
Michael Tusiani and Gordon Shearer say White House should provide funding for Gulf ports and override delays for Northeast and West Coast projects.
- Winson Oil tied to purchase of VLCC
Singaporean company thought to have snapped up a tanker from German owner.
- Exmar asks holders to extend bond maturity
Euronext-listed energy shipping specialist faces debt maturity next month.
- Qatar LNG cargo transits Suez
But Qatari vessel on course for the Canal alters course
- Panama court throws out lawsuit in Western Sahara dispute
Moroccan cargo owner OCP says court found no evidence that phosphate rock belonged to independence movement.
- Petredec backs LPG storage in South Africa
Gas carrier owner and charterer invests in country's second, but biggest facility.
- Diana Shipping fixes out five on time charter
Athens-based bulker owner locks up charters well into 2018 on various vessels.
- Mikkolainen in at Meriaura
Former Crystal Pool chief is new managing director at MPP owner.
- MPC Container Ships banks $75m from placement
German parent and other shareholders have pledged $25m to the latest fundraiser.
- Dorian secures new bridge loan of $97m
VLGC owner says it can now manage current market trough as $6m is released.
- Fjord1 orders five more ferries at Havyard
Norwegian owner expands its "electric" portfolio with new deal worth more than $117m.
- CMA CGM debuts Indiamed service
French container line launches new run from Med to the Middle East and subcontinent.
- Taiwan Navigation pushes up profit
First quarter boosted by higher revenue at bulker owner.
- Dof Subsea secures three new charters
Norwegian shipowner strengthens contract backlog with deals in Asia Pacific and the Atlantic.
- Eimskip buys Denmark's Ship-Log
Expanding Icelandic line boosts logistics operations with new takeover.
- Crew held after 'insulting Erdogan'
Master and others released following probe into comments about Turkish president.
- Shun Yuan orders another asphalt tanker
Chinese owner returns to Fujian Mawei for 7,500-dwt ship.
- MPC adds three more boxships
German company's Oslo spin-off continues to build up its fleet.
- HMM teams up on new China-India run
Korean owner brings in CMA CGM, PEL, SCI and KMTC for boxship service.
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- U.K. snap vote results leaves Brexit negotiations uncertain
U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May saw her Conservative Party lose its parliamentary majority in yesterday's snap vote, just days before talks...
- Hill International JV wins terminal expansion contract in Colombia
A contract from Compañía de Puertos Asociados S.A. (COMPAS) has been awarded to a joint venture between construction risk management firm H...
- SCPA handles 182,452 TEUs in May
The South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) reported the highest May container volumes in its history, pushing fiscal year-to-date volumes pa...
- JLL: Demand for warehouse and distribution space is on the rise
JLL, a Chicago-based industrial real estate services and investment management firm, noted how healthy consumer spending and strong e-comme...
- CMA CGM launches Med-Middle East/ISC loop
French ocean carrier CMA CGM will launch a weekly service linking the Mediterranean with Djibouti, the Arabian Gulf, Pakistan and India. T...
- Turning anxiety into action
Technology is an inherently anxiety-inducing problem for most shippers. That's because there are a thousand different paths toward introdu...
- WTO chief says multilateralism will lead to trade liberalization
World Trade Organization (WTO) Director-General Roberto Azev'do said the biggest roadblock to boosting global trade is the lingering roadbl...
- AgTC: U.S. Zika outbreaks could hinder exports to China
Regional outbreaks of the Zika virus in the United States during the warm summer months could result in the Chinese government imposing str...
- Philly Shipyard builds containerships for new mainland-to-Hawaii trade
Philly Shipyard Inc. (PSI) has begun construction of up to four new container vessels, and is actively promoting the formation of a new ent...
|JUNE 9, 2017|
- Oil stops skid, but increases limited by rig count, dollar
ICE August Brent settled 29 cents higher at $48.15/b after trading as high as $48.56/b at one point.
- Novorossiisk bunker prices finally start to move lower
380 CST fuel oil at the port was assessed at $289/mt delivered Thursday, with prices pegged at $280-286/mt delivered on Friday.
- Qatar impasse may affect marine P&I insurance
The impasse began Monday as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt severed diplomatic ties with Qatar and cut off air, land and sea routes to the country.
- External: Praxis Energy Agents S.A
- External: Wired Bunkering
- JXTG mulls changing loading schedules, bunkering in Singapore for Qatar oil imports
The Qatar diplomatic crisis makes it difficult for buyers of Middle Eastern oil to co-load Qatari oil on their tankers.
- Singapore FO stocks hit 2.5-year low on less imports, strong bunker demand
"It is like a domino. The Middle East is buying the Mediterranean cargoes. The Mediterranean is buying North West European cargoes. Cargoes hardly come to Singapore," a trader said.
- FUTURES: Crude holds amid lack of fresh drivers
- Japan's Astomos Energy to bunker VLGCs destined to Qatar in Singapore
"As we have term contracts [for Qatari LPG], we are looking to start bunkering in Singapore if we have scheduled loadings this month," an Astomos official said.
- FEATURE: Iran gears up for key test of interest in its oil sector
- Azadegan field tender to be first under new Iran Petroleum Contract - Iran hopes to increase field output to 750,000 b/d, from 125,000 b/d - Companies requested to inform NIOC of consortium members by June 19
- TRADER NOTE: Anastasios Papagiannopoulos elected as new BIMCO president
Sadan Kaptanoglu, managing director of HI Kaptanoglu Shipping, is elected as BIMCO's very first female president designate.
- INTERVIEW: Equatorial Guinea oil minister champions African OPEC expansion
- African producers face 'life and death': oil minister - Seeks support from Cameroon, Uganda for OPEC - Eyes shared planning over prices, regional sales - OPEC quota includes crude and condensate