|MAY 16, 2017|
- SEKO cites re-shoring as cause for expansion in New York, Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia container traffic increases 28pc in April to 49,000 TEU
- Virginia container volumes increase 4.6pc in April to 225,196 TEU
- Port of Oakland container volume up 4pc in April to 196,247 TEU
- Yang Ming narrows quarterly loss 75.3pc to US$29 million
- New US China trade deal eases access for beef, electronics, natural gas
- Baltic Dry Index on May roller coaster ending more up than down so far
- China's central bank sees difficulties funding belt and road scheme
- Rotterdam launches online 'Navigate' route planning app for shippers
- Frankfurt airport sets new tighter carbon reduction targets
- Amsterdam airport successfully tests out smart airway bill checking system
- Dubai's dnata to acquire AirLogistix USA to boost US operations
|MAY 15, 2017|
- Azkar becomes Dachser
- Cochin Shipyard constructing passenger-cum-cargo vessels for A&N Islands under 'Make in India' initiative
- ICS commits shipping to ambitious CO2 reduction objectives
- In preparation for Brexit, topical freight & trade issues to be discussed at joint UK meeting
- Kerry Logistics acquires Tuvia Italia
- Milaha launches door-to-door shipping service between Qatar & UAE
- Ministry of Shipping extends support to MANSA's conference on GST
- SCFI rates down
- SM Line expeditiously building up fleet
- South Korean shipbuilding looking up
- Timing of recovery in crude tanker shipping market seen dependent on level of scrapping
- Oilmeals export shows impressive gain
- Cochin pitched as an ideal bunkering destination at international bunkering conference
- GMB discusses nautical regulatory framework & challenges with stakeholders
- Several important decisions taken at Kandla Port Trust Board Meeting
- India & UK to cooperate in urban transport sector
- New independent GSA network launched
- Exporters have certain apprehensions about GST: FIEO
- India & Chile to implement expanded PTA
|MAY 16, 2017|
- Relocating to Dubai
- Financial support for Spanish forwarders
- Upgrading Kansas rail infrastructure
- Finland back on the map
- EU road transport more than pays its way
- Italian companies announce software cooperation
- Opening offices worldwide
- UPS Latin America welcomes industry stalwart
- Mixed bag of results for Marseille-Fos
- Today: launch of new Oslo-Tel Aviv cargo route
- Simpson picked for CCO post at J.B.Hunt
- Car maker shifts parts transport services to railway
- Silk Way joins Champ weight/balance programme
- HHLA begins 2017 with strong tailwinds
- Net profit vaults by more than 11%
|MAY 15, 2017|
- Spanish dockers prepare to strike over new decree
- Decision-maker: Frank Coles, CEO, Transas
- Costa Concordia captain begins 16-year jail sentence
- India makes cabotage push
- Profitability lies ahead as Maersk spells out recovering market
- Families of 17 Stellar Daisy crew members agree to compensation
- Berbera Port to serve trade needs of landlocked Ethiopia
- O&G spending improves, but benefits to offshore will come later
- Police take away more documents from Samsung HI in crane accident
- Rising volume narrows HMM's Q1 operating loss
- Evergreen in profit as Wan Hai, Yang Ming fall to first quarter loss
- Lone investor blocks sale of Rickmers Maritime fleet to Navios
- Baltic Dry Index recovers from three-week fall
- Victim's remains found in Sewol wreckage
- PSA reviewing HMM's handling fees
|MAY 15, 2017|
- New era of competition sees AN-124 charter cost fall by up to 40%
- Air cargo boom at Budapest Airport as multinational shippers move in
- Amazon: 'find the best people for logistics outside logistics'
- Analysis Q1: DSV, CH Robinson, Expeditors - and the winner is...
- Disgruntled Rickmers Maritime bondholder seeks to block fleet sale to Navios
- What is happening with Alibaba and liner shipping?
- Benoit Dumont to be new CEO at Unilode
- Amazon-ex Arthur Valdez aims to transform Target from elephant to gazelle
|MAY 15, 2017|
- Bollinger Algiers adds 4,000-ton lift dry dock
- Modular L-ion battery system gets DNV GL type approval
- ICS to IMO: Set hefty CO2 reduction targets
- Norwegian Coastal Admin newbuild to have R-R hybrid system
- Frontline fires another salvo in DHT takeover battle
- Legislators seek offshore wind tax credits
- Costa Concordia: Schettino starts serving prison term
|MAY 15, 2017|
- Hamburg shipping elite toast arrival of Lloyd's List Containers
Rebranded magazine adds to Lloyd's List's portfolio of products
- Koch takes fifth Diana capesize on charter
Trader has chartered 15 dry bulk vessels so far this year
- Navig8 Product Tankers slides to loss
Rising costs overcome expanding revenues
- Handysize earnings slip to lowest in two months
Asian holidays bring a slight dip, but brokers suggest that US Gulf has bottomed out
- DryShips takes delivery of second aframax tanker
Latest vessel comes amid 17 recent acquisition deals
- Junk bond rebellion could wreck Rickmers rescue
Small investors may scupper deal with banks unless they get better outcome
- Maersk Tankers offers refuge in pools
Will taking the plunge protect owners in 2017, or be a sticking plaster masking inevitable decline?
- Boskalis axes 230 head office jobs
Dredging company continues with two-year cost-cutting agenda after poor 2016
- DSME to get $6bn bailout after court dismisses investors' appeal
Shipbuilder's private lenders to also provide refund guarantees of up to $500m for future orders
- Accolades for Zim as Maersk acknowledges superior results
Israeli line phasing in 10,000 teu ships to US east coast service as it builds on its strengths
- Arctic states launch best practice forum for shipping
Inaugural meeting to be held in London next month
- ICS calls for more ambitious CO2 reduction goals
Chamber tells IMO it also needs to recognise concerns raised by developing nations over the impact of emissions reductions on trade
- OOCL receives first ultra large containership
Company has another five 21,000 teu-class ships set for delivery this year
- JES sets shipbuilding asset sales deadline at end-2017
Move comes after independent auditor's second disclaimer of opinion
- HMM narrows first-quarter operating losses
Updated: Revenue up 14% year on year
- Rickmers Maritime bondholder looking to halt fleet sale to Navios
Company warns of liens and vessel arrests if matter is not resolved
- Oetker name sails on as AO Shipping preserves heritage with newbuilding
Shipping family's third generation making its mark as Hamburg Süd Oetker shareholders sell up
|MAY 15, 2017|
- Werner Enterprises enters last-mile logistics market
- Rail-truck pricing fight restrains US domestic intermodal rates
- Global container trade expands at fastest pace since 2010
- Bondholder challenges Rickmers Maritime fleet sale
- Toll Logistics pushes Japan Post Holdings into the red
- At Schneider, last-mile acquisitions fuel growth
- NY-NJ port honing navigation for ships up to 18,000-TEU
- Ethiopia gains access to Berbera Port
- Maersk: Fundamentals in place for 2017 market revival
- Indian authorities inch toward agreement to avoid strike
- Evergreen swings to profit on higher rates, volume
|MAY 15, 2017|
- Judge ejects VT Halter lawsuit against offshore vessel duo
Lawsuit over $3.3m in alleged debt shot down on technicality.
- UBS sees orders as 'threat' to tanker stocks
Analyst Spiro Dounis says he's 'not ready to buy' as supply side leaves reason for concern.
- HMM operating loss narrows in first quarter
Restructured Korean owner boosted by higher revenue in first three months.
- Trio crash Webber's governance rankings
Three newcomers find elite status in Wells Fargo's latest report, while one prominent shipping group has barely escaped the stragglers' list.
- Top Ships strikes deal for $5m cash boost
Low-profile investor Xanthe Holdings provides funds for growth plans, CFO says.
- Maersk Tankers targets further pool expansion
Growth of commercially managed fleet still a goal despite record vessel count.
- Frontline fights on in battle for DHT Holdings
Robert Hvide Macleod takes aim at twin CEO's structure in latest open letter.
- Maersk Supply lands major Culzean deal
Danish owner scoops another integrated contract in the North Sea.
- Diana secures better rates for bulker pair
Koch Shipping keeps doing business with Greek owner and Narina Maritime extends existing charter.
- Topaz wins Med MPSV charter
UAE owner says multipurpose ship clinches deal with oil major.
- Schettino starts jail term 'like ship boy'
Costa Concordia captain scrubs out new cell after final Italian appeal fails.
- Euronav on the road with $200m bond issue
Paddy Rodgers explains why leading tanker market consolidator is looking at a new capital source.
- Pangaea sees uptick in quarterly profit
Bottom line grows modestly, but adjusted profit surges as market improves.
- Police raid Samsung for second time
Investigations into fatal crane collapse at Korean shipyard continues.
- Yang Ming slashes first quarter loss
Taiwanese container line improves result as revenue grows.
- RMT bondholder looks to block Navios boxship sale
Legal move by investor said to be unprecedented in the history of Singapore's bond market.
- Cosco Corp wins FSRU module contract
Singapore-listed shipbuilding group puts pen to paper with European buyer.
- Boskalis axeing 230 office jobs
Dutch shipping group needs to save money in downturn.
- Evergreen makes it back into the black
Taiwanese container line boosted by revenue rise in the first quarter.
- Meiji Shipping beats its earnings forecast
Diversified Japanese shipowner boosts its full-year profit thanks to higher revenue.
- Gener8 Maritime deal marks first VLCC price rise since January
Transaction indicates a 5% bump in the value of a five-year-old VLCC, analyst says.
- Soechi Lines plots $300m bond sale
Indonesian tanker owner aims to boost finances with seven-year debt.
- Wartsila expands with Greensmith takeover
Finnish shipping solutions company expands energy footprint with acquisition of leading US firm.
- Navios Maritime Partners reloads after spending spree
New York-listed owner puts an extra $500m on the shelf after busy couple of months.
- Swiber companies enter liquidation
Two liquidators from Deloitte & Touche are appointed at Southsea Marine and Swiber Atlantis.
- Hansson family snaps up more NAO shares
Shipowner takes his holding in OSV specialist to 6.5% with latest deals.
- Crewman killed in tanker fire
Three others injured after blaze at Al Hamriyah in the UAE.
- Milaha launches UAE cargo run
Qatari owner looking to capitalise on trade between Doha and Dubai.
|MAY 15, 2017|
- Airbus' commercial drone startup takes off
Airbus has launched its U.S. base and operations of a new commercial drone startup, dubbed Airbus Aerial, the French aerospace manufacturer...
- Oakland begins project to increase crane height
Port of Oakland said work has begun on raising four ship-to-shore cranes at the Ocean International Container Terminal. The port said the ...
- Port of Quincy, Wash. looks for dry bulk cargo
The Port of Quincy Intermodal Terminal, located in central Washington on the BNSF Stevens Pass Line, said that it is holding discussions wi...
- APM Terminals Gothenburg initiates lockout action
Port terminal operator APM Terminals will initiate a partial lockout of dockworkers at its facility in Gothenburg, Sweden, effective May 19...
- HMM buys Algeciras terminal
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is purchasing a port terminal in Spain for 117.6 billion South Korean won (U.S. $105.2 million), according to...
- Port of Marseille Fos volumes drop 3% in Q1
The French Mediterranean Port of Marseille Fos saw its throughput drop of 3 percent to 19.56 metric tons across all cargo sectors in the fi...
- Drewry: Global container volumes up sharply in Q1
Container volumes in the first quarter of 2017 were sharply higher than in the same 2016 period, according to a recent report from Drewry c...
- Dachser rebrands Iberian subsidiary
German global third-party logistics company Dachser has completed the integrations of its Iberian subsidiary Azkar Group into its European ...
- S.C. gas tax hike gets official green light
The South Carolina legislature has overruled Gov. Henry McMaster's veto on a highway funding bill that will increase the state's current 16...
|MAY 15, 2017|
- EKOFISK TRACKER: North Sea loadings down to 257,143 b/d last week
This was an average of 257,143 b/d, down 85,714 b/d from the previous week.
- Stable ULSD crack lifts sour VGO with sweet feedstock on iffy footing
The crack for ULSD against region-dominant Louisiana Light Sweet crude has been rangebound at $10.95-$11.15/b since May 5
- East-West 380 CST fuel oil swap hits lowest since Feb on firmer barges
The weakening paper spread has led arbitrage window for deliveries between Rotterdam and Singapore to close.
- Expected May distillate arrivals from USGC edge up to 710,000 mt
That has left May lagging behind in terms of arrivals compared with April which saw 1.25 million mt of distillates from the US Gulf Coast.
- External: Praxis Energy Agents S.A
- TRADER NOTE: Hanne Sorensen to be interim CEO of V. Group
New CEO is scheduled to start in Q4 2017.
- External: Wired Bunkering
- Saudi Arabia, Russia agree that 9-month extension to output cut deal needed
"Preliminary consultations show that everybody is committed" to the output agreement, Russian energy minister Alexander Novak said.
- FUTURES: Crude up; market mulls Saudi, Russian agreement to cuts