|MAY 22, 2017|
- Asia-Europe rate falls 3.9pc to US$924/TEU, drops 8.5pc to USWC
- Yang Ming charters two new 14,000-TEU ships to get back in the race
- CMA CGM profit up 91pc to US$86 million in Q1 as sales soar 35.9pc
- Philippine GDP up 6.4pc in Q1 after a 6.6pc jump the previous quarter
- Asia's first automated box shop now on stream in the Port of Qingdao
- Kuehne + Nagel wins Lenovo 2016 Logistics Excellence Award
- Philippines, Singapore sign 'White Shipping' deal to enhance info sharing
- Yusen Logistics deploys CargoSmart's ocean freight route planner
- EU agri-food exports up 11.3pc, hits five-year high in March
- Uber to help truckers find freight till self-driving trucks replace them
- Qantas to fly China Post from Shanghai, Hong Kong to US via Oz
- Benin, Mozambique airlines allowed to fly to EU after safety ban lifted
- National Airlines to launch round-the-world freighter service
|MAY 21, 2017|
- CMA CGM registers strong increase in volumes & revenue in Q1 2017
- FIEO looking at various potential sectors for trade with Italy
- India looking at $100 bn trade with Africa
- Kamarajar Port handles more liquid cargo & automobiles in 2016-17
- Mumbai Port bags two performance awards
- Prime Minister to launch projects worth INR 996 cr. in Gandhidham/Kandla Port today
- TRAFFIC HANDLED AT MAJOR PORTS
- GST rates feature provisions for cargo movement
- Merchandise Exports from India Scheme being re-designed to make exports GST-compliant
- South East CEO Conclave & Awards 2017 set to engage the trade once again on June 30 in Chennai
- Tricolour hoisted on Gujarat's tallest flag mast at Adani Group's solar equipment manufacturing factory
|MAY 22, 2017|
- A complex upswing
- 995 million productivity hours lost through congestion
- Versacold recruits new chief operating officer
- 2016 - significant year for Halifax airport
- "MOL Triumph" calling Le Havre today
- Uber shaking up US trucking industry
- Medical help for commercial vehicle drivers
- Bifa names policy and compliance officer
- Indian service provider using Liebherr equipment
- EU says "yes" to railcar manufacturers' merger
- DHL triples temp controlled area at Brussels airport
- Cooperation across networks
- Taking over inbound logistics
- New ships on an old course?
- Sykes returning to Baltic Exchange as CCO
- US railroad improving network
- Changsha-Los Angeles with Hainan's B787-9
- Nelt establishes cooperation with Cosco
|MAY 19, 2017|
- Spanish dockers and terminal operators make new bid to head off port strikes
- Awilco LNG reaches restructuring agreement
- Deal agreed but STX France works council votes against Fincantieri takeover
- Seoul eyes LNG bunkering network by 2025
- North Club set to reveal European base
- Marco Polo Marine files stay order to proceed with restructuring
- HHIC to re-attempt sale of energy subsidiaries
- Clarksons' Janet Sykes joins Baltic as chief commercial officer
- Hyundai Glovis reportedly eyes HMM and Eusu Ship Management
- Bridge clearance issue will get more serious as vessels get bigger, says Hong Kong terminal CEO
- As bank debt access declines, sale and leasebacks rise
|MAY 19, 2017|
- Uber Freight officially parks in the marketplace, but only taking full loads
- Spot container freight rates still falling as FAK hikes fail to help carriers
- Brexit: no deal means no trade for the UK, claim economists
- Analysis: DHL Global Forwarding - out of tune, or out of time?
- South Asia: a bump in the 'belt and road'
- US strikes gentler tone on Nafta as talks countdown begins
- Korean Air Cargo enjoys first-quarter boost
|MAY 19, 2017|
- Demise charters for better for worse: Ocean Victory
The Supreme Court judgment on May 10 2017 in Gard Marine and Energy Ltd v China National Chartering Co Ltd  UKSC 35 provided one expected answer, one surprise and one brainteaser
- Japan wants efficiency-based CO2 reduction targets
Shipping can achieve a 40% CO2 emission reduction by 2030, claims Japan
- Reinvention required for shipping's future
Shipping needs to become "more sexy" to attract and retain workers from the Millennial generation
- Shandong Shipping mulls VLCC acquisitions
Chinese company is now looking to secure cargoes from teapot refineries and overseas oil firms
- Pyxis in the red but eyeing acquisitions
Choppy market does not preclude growth for the six-strong product tanker fleet
- CMA CGM bucks trend with $86m profit in first quarter
Updated: Integration of APL boosts throughput as Singapore-based division makes first profit since 2011
- Maritime UK takes a rare trip up north
Mersey Maritime plays host as special guests convene in Liverpool
- Maersk to offer unique cold-chain transparency
Container line targeting 'premium perishables' and pharma customers that need greater visibility on shipment status
- Product tanker party-pooper returns to crush gains
Spikes will happen, but negative factors will shorten those spikes, forecasts Maersk Tankers boss
- Coping with consolidation
Talk at Global Liner Shipping in Hamburg this week centred on threats, but even in the shadow of Rickmers' troubles there was hope
- CNN's Jim Clancy to host Lloyd's List Americas Awards
Awards recognising the best in shipping in North, South and Central America to be announced at a gala evening in New York City
- Awilco LNG unveils refinancing plan
Deal will include a share placement and bareboat charter extensions with key creditor Teekay LNG Partners
- Wilhelmsen to swap launch boats for delivery drones
A delivery run made by a drone may cost just $150, compared with $1,500, on average, for a launch.
- Ocean Rig ready to push ahead with restructuring plan
Group increased incentives to be paid to group of noteholders who had opposed the plan
|MAY 19, 2017|
- Trans-Pac spot rates fall as alliance disruption fears fade
- Uber Freight aims to deliver untapped capacity
- Clear air rules pose Seattle-Tacoma drayage challenge
- Gothenburg dockworkers approve industrial action
- CMA CGM swings to profit on higher rates
- JNPT speedy import program weighs on Gateway Distriparks
- Port of Kobe plans new container terminal
- Hong Kong bridge concerns to grow with ship sizes
- Container shipping has hit tech tipping point, INTTRA says
- China-Europe spot rates on a slow but steady slide
|MAY 19, 2017|
- Safe Bulkers chief speaks out on converted VLOCs
Polys Hajioannou says older VLOCs converted from VLCCs 'should not have been in the market in the first place'.
- Pyxis Tankers pushes back loan as it dips to quarterly loss
Chief executive Valentios Valentis says chartering activity should be choppy for most of 2017, but could improve toward the end.
- KNOT Offshore targeting tanker buy after $40m fundraiser
John Costain-led shuttle tanker specialist gearing up for another dropdown from its parent in the second half.
- Rickmers will file if it loses bondholder vote
German owner warns it will be liquidated if refinancing plan is rejected on 1 June.
- U-Ming reduces first quarter loss
Taiwanese bulker owner boosted by increased revenue.
- CMA CGM capitalises on APL takeover
French giant turns a profit in the first quarter as Singaporean addition posts first positive result since 2011.
- Awilco LNG seals $57m restructuring with Teekay
Owner to extend charter of LNG carriers while selling new shares.
- KHI aims to cut 20% of workforce
Japanese shipbuilder to close one of two docks in Sakaide.
- Dynagas LNG closes on $480m loan
Greek LNG carrier owner secures facility that will help fully repay its indebtedness.
- RMT hands another $4.7m to banks
Prepayment of loans aims to save money for trust as it winds up.
- Shipmanagement giant looks to aviation for digital assistance
Merging Columbia Shipmanagement and Marlow Navigation have looked to draw on aviation industry digital expertise by signing a new partnership deal with Lufthansa Industry Solutions. Columbia president Mark O'Neil says the project aims to create a "truly transformational digital environment" that will allow customers to be fully integrated in vessel operations. Columbia and Marlow will work with
- Polaris denies talk Vale is turning away conversions
Speculation Vale no longer using VLOC conversions is described as "big rumour"
- Tanker and bulker targeted by robbers
Thieves board vessels in Venezuela and Indonesia in latest incidents.
- Fincantieri paying $88.6m for STX France
Italian shipbuilder inks deal to acquire a 66.66% stake in French rival.
- Pacific Radiance seals $61m in state aid
Singapore offshore vessel operator secures government help, but analysts question whether it is enough.
- PSV fights off pirate attack
Crew musters to prevent raid from speed boat off Indonesia.
- Ocean Yield extends Ezra OSV deal
Norwegian owner adds three months plus options to charter to bankrupt company.
- Safe Bulkers slashes loss in first quarter
Improved dry cargo market conditions help Greek shipowner to reduce the red ink.
- Evangelos Marinakis buys Nottingham Forest
Greek shipowner set to reduce prices for season tickets for next season to win over fans.
|MAY 19, 2017|
- WSS to use drones for ship deliveries
Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) is launching a pilot program to study the use of unmanned aircraft systems, otherwise known as "drones," for...
- Uber takes aim at trucking
Famed ride-sharing service Uber has launched a new application aimed directly at the trucking industry. Dubbed "Uber Freight," the new app...
- CMA CGM rights the ship in Q1
French ocean carrier CMA CGM Group reported a net incomeof $86 million for the first quarter of 2017, compared to a loss of $100 million fo...
- Yusen launches dedicated pharma gateway in Frankfurt
Global third-party provider Yusen Logistics has launched a new dedicated pharmaceutical cargo gateway in Frankfurt, Germany. The new offer...
- Senate Commerce Committee approves MARAD, Coast Guard funding bills
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation approved authorization for the U.S. Coast Guard and Maritime Administration o...
- EC updates public investment rules for ports
The European Commission (EC) has approved new state aid rules to facilitate public investment for job creation and growth in seaports and a...
- Commerce investigates Canadian aircraft imports
The Commerce Department has initiated antidumping and countervailing duty investigations into the import of 100- to 150-seat passenger plan...
- Descartes Systems Group acquires ShipRush
Logistics and supply chain technology firm Descartes Systems Group has acquired ShipRush, a provider of e-commerce multi-carrier parcel shi...
- SCFI falls 4%
The Shanghai Shipping Exchange's Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) fell 4 percent from last Friday's reading of 865.03 to a readi...
|MAY 19, 2017|
- FEATURE: Cross-border flows boom as Trump moves to renegotiate NAFTA
Oil, gas trade between US, Canada, Mexico up since trade deal struck
- Rotterdam-St Petersburg bunker spread narrows on contrasting demand
Bunker fuel prices at St. Petersburg are catching up with Rotterdam prices as a result of weak demand in Rotterdam.
- NWE front-month ULSD cargoes hit eight-month high
This has been put down to Latin American strength which has pulled barrels from the US Gulf which could otherwise supply Europe.
- Istanbul bunker market sees tight barge availability: sources
Some suppliers are worse affected than others.
- External: Wired Bunkering
- FUTURES: Crude remains higher amid lack of fresh market drivers
- FACTBOX: Comparison of IEA, EIA, OPEC oil market forecasts