|DECEMBER 9, 2019|
- Asia-Europe up 4.4pc to US$800/TEU, USWC up 7.4pc to $1,509/FEU
- Hapag-Lloyd acquires stake in Tangier terminal as strategic container hub
- Biofuels to grow in use to meet IMO rules, and cut carbon emissions
- ICTSI to double capacity as it boosts efficiency at Congo terminal
- Salvage industry struggles with shortage of income generating business
- Trump's solar panel tariff injuncted by US Court of International Trade
- PANYNJ ExpressRail set record - 666,381 TEU, up 1.2pc in October
- Old Dominion Freight Line revenue advances despite softer market
- Kong Hing Agency where communication is straight and to the point
- Remote box management is a reefer game changer says Hamburg Sud
- Globelink: Few as good at saying what they do and doing what they say
- Hong Kong Airlines near bankruptcy as it seeks for rescuer to pay bills
- South Africa washes its hands of its near bankrupt flag carrier SAA
- IAG Cargo's finalist to test machine learning for ULD management
|DECEMBER 8, 2019|
- Action plan for coastal shipping prepared: Minister
- APL launches new Asia Subcontinent Express 8 service
- Container shipping remains under pressure
- DNV GL awards Hudong-Zhonghua AiP certificate for gas-fuelled 25,000-TEU containership design
- MSC investing in green & efficient fleet through major container shipping investment programme
- Cabinet approves Fourth Code of labour laws to be introduced in Parliament
- Commerce Ministry seeks clear identification of 'other' imports
- Govt has not authorised any private entity to import fertilisers, but monitors imports
- NEFT transactions 24x7 from Dec. 16
- Sugar mills produce less till Nov.
- The aim is an integrated, seamless, efficient, reliable, green, sustainable & cost-effective logistics network: Goyal
- Eminent speakers & panelists to deliberate on key issues at South East Air Cargo Conclave & Awards 2019 in Chennai on Wednesday
|DECEMBER 9, 2019|
- Special treatment for very special air cargo
- Certified in IT security
- Geodis ships 23 million units in the USA
- Neil Watkins appointed group sales & marketing director
- European cargo carriers publish first policy manifesto
- Significant rail investments follow transport order
- DNV presents a new system of rules for LNG
- Bolloré Logistics inaugurates Blue Hub in Singapore
- Jaxport Board extends CEO Green's contract
- "Benvenuti" to Fedex' new B767F
- PIL enhances its services
- CO2 transport by rail reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- Miebach takes over Suisseplan
- Wes Wheeler to lead UPS healthcare and life sciences unit
- Responding to pharma transport demand in Memphis
- Competition commission reviews planned takeover
- Economic engines from Winterthur
|DECEMBER 6, 2019|
- Exclusive: Transparency call as IATA is rapped over CASS cargo payments
- Eddie Stobart Logistics shareholders accept DBAY takeover, despite union warning
- Market monitor part 3: Green shoots of recovery in air cargo growth?
- Happier new year in sight for ocean carriers as spot rates hold steady
- Integrator parcel rate rises will add millions to shipper costs, warning
- Deutsche Bahn and ADP take a stake on Skyport drone delivery start-upv
- Inside Flexport: an interview with its head of internal communications
- A view from China: the air cargo market this year - and next
- Supply chain radar: Broken Toll Group looking terminal
- Supply chain radar: Boom! Fearless Seaspan hits three-year high - investors love it again
- On the wires: MBO target Clipper shines - enough for a big premium?
- On the wires: A worst ever 2% payout rise? Another red flag for CH Robinson...
- Supply chain radar: WiseTech at new low absent the next deal to feed the syndrome
|DECEMBER 6, 2019|
- Inland waterways HR guru to speak at TTB 2020
Veteran maritime industry human resources professional Tom Montgomery is among the industry leaders who will be speaking at Marine Log's upcoming TTB event, to be held at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza
- GAO: Navy faces "persistent and substantial" maintenance delays
The U.S. Navy continues to face persistent and substantial maintenance delays that affect the majority of its maintenance efforts and hinder its attempts to restore readiness, says a report released this week
- Meyer Turku shipyard delivers new Costa flag ship
After a couple of delays (see earlier story), Finland's Meyer Turku shipyard yesterday delivered the 180,000 gt, 6,552 passenger, Costa Smeralda to Costa Cruises, the Italian brand of Carnival Corporation & plc.
- USCG: Towboat charter complexities can lead to TSMS gaps
The U.S. Coast Guard's Inspection and Compliance Directorate has issued a Marine Safety Alert (12-19) warning that the complexities of charter arrangements in the inland towing industry can lead to gaps in
- Norden explores use of lignin-based biofuel
Danish ship operator Norden A/S has entered into a partnership with Kvasir Technologies, a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark that has a patented technology to produce fuel from plant material.
- ABS awards Vard Approval in Principle for Jones Act SOV
Vard Marine Inc. has been awarded ABS Approval in Principle (AiP) t for its design of a Jones Act wind farm service operations vessel (SOV). The AiP is for a customized version
|DECEMBER 6, 2019|
- Economou and Hadjieleftheriadis among winners at Greek Shipping Awards
George Economou, who has interests spread acrosss shipping, most notably in DryShips' modern fleet of 32 ships including 20 bulkers...
- Bunker sales reveal progress in sulphur cap transition and compliance
Large bunkering ports are reportedly well-stocked and shifting smoothly into the new era of global sulphur rules. However, shortages of...
- Gothenburg terminal aiming to be fossil fuel free in 2020
The APMT terminal at the Swedish port will switch entirely to renewable energy in 2020
- The Lloyd's List Podcast: The View from Athens
How do the Greek shipowners feel this year has gone and what's keeping them up at night when they look...
- Load factors: Trade dispute continues to affect transpacific trade
Service cuts providing a welcome reduction in supply
- Rising US LNG activity supports Atlantic shipping rates
LNG shipping rates have relatively weakened in the Pacific, which has seen some shine taken off winter peak on lower...
- The Interview: Hugo De Stoop
Mr De Stoop leads one of the largest crude oil tanker companies in the world. Over the past couple of...
- Low-sulphur surcharges help boost spot rates
Rates rise on major trade lanes but still remain below last year's levels
- Port of Montreal gets $300m boost for new container terminal
Montreal currently receives about 80% of Canada's container traffic with the European Union but a recent trade deal with the...
- Titan LNG to expand fleet for rising ARA bunker demand
Titan LNG's third bunker barge 'will be ideal for servicing larger tankers, cruise, container and offshore vessels', says chief technical...
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: Premium rises not linked to IMO 2020, North Club says | Viewpoint: Logistics log-jam | 'Winning': the...
- Petredec takes two more 22,000 cu m ethylene ships
Two exercised optional vessels will be delivered in May and September 2022
- Top 10 shipmanagers 2019
Ranked by number of vessels under full technical management, Anglo Eastern-Univan and V.Group stay ahead, but Fleet is catching up
- Top 10 classification societies 2019
Familiar standings emerge but competition tightens among classification societies in 2019
|DECEMBER 6, 2019|
- Port of Mobile launches search for new CEO
- Spate of news out of Maersk reflects reinvention pressures
- Slowing growth darkens outlook for India's public ports
- Consumers keep wheels on US freight economy
- Allcargo deal poised to reshape India logistics play
|DECEMBER 6, 2019|
- Pareto powers more 'Prexit' for Diamond S
Robust trading by Craig Stevenson-led stock allows underwriters to buy more from First Reserve and WL Ross.
- Hermitage Offshore checks one NYSE box, cited for another
The Scorpio Group's OSV outfit fails to meet the minimum requirements for market capitalisation and stockholders' equity
- Dividends a sign of better times, but for whom and for how long?
Owners do a balancing act when instituting or raising shareholder payouts, but they could benefit from premium valuations and wider investment base
- Alpha Adriatic corrects reports of shipyard claim against it
Former Uljanik Plovidba says $22m sum is far higher than the real amount
- Tanker players fear soft oil demand more than deeper cuts by Opec+
Trade dispute, slowing global economic growth may points to less oil being moved around in seaborne trade
- Dof lines up $77m of new equity as it merges $680m of loans
Restructuring Norwegian OSV owner moves closer to securing financial platform for the future
- John Fredriksen pumps $40m into Northern Drilling spin-off
Tycoon takes 11.8% stake in Northern Rig Holding following private placement
- From taxidermy to taxi drivers: the TW+ Quiz
A sideways look at the last three months in the weird and wonderful world of shipping
- DeepOcean wins nine months of subsea work with Equinor
Equinor has hired DeepOcean to provide subsea services for its assets in Norway next year, starting in the first quarter. DeepOcean to install Equinor boosting station in North Sea Equinor signs up DeepOcean for five years During the nine-month contract, the Norwegian subsea services firm will perform inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) work at Equinor's assets on the Norwegian continen
- Britannia P&I teams with KP&I to target South Korean owners
UK club agrees new collaboration that will see it provide cover for partner's larger or more complex claims
- $600m drillship up for sale again in January
Sertao set to go under auctioneer's hammer once more in UK
- Container line Yang Ming sets up shop in China
New agency subsidiary aimed at increasing shipowner's efficiency
Court rules Hamburg Sud unit failed to care for cargo in 'ship's sweat' case
- Softer spot charter market may await LNG owners next summer, broker says
Sector should prove 'broadly profitable' for shipowners over the next couple of years but with short-term volatility
- Hydex Storage inks debut order for ro-pax at Hyundai Mipo
South Korean company wants vessel for route between Incheon and Jeju
- AET scores $245m shuttle tanker deal from Shell
Tanker owner to build three new suezmax shuttle tankers against a long-term contract with Shell in Brazil
- Swire Pacific Offshore to close Swire Seabed operation in Bergen
Fleet of four IMR and construction vessels to be re-flagged from Norway to Singapore
- Kuwait latest country to ban single-use plastics onboard ships
However, Indian plans for similar ban have been delayed until further notice, says Gard P&I club
- Tsakos Energy Navigation secures LNG charter extension
Greek owner says lengthened contract is expected to generate some $30m of gross revenues
|DECEMBER 6, 2019|
- In surprise move, Branson won't sell Virgin stake to AF-KLM
Airlines insist that decision was mutually agreed
- Celadon, biggest bankruptcy in truckload history expected by mid-week
The billion-dollar truckload carrier's failure is one of the largest in industry history.
- Trekker finds success offering multiple services
Trekker CEO Josh Kaburick discusses changing the model of his family's trucking company with FreightWaves CEO Craig Fuller.
- Maine State Police seize multiple trucks for $75,000 in unpaid tolls
On Friday Maine State Police seized a total of six tractor-trailers for racking up approximately $75,000 in unpaid toll debt over the past three years. ...
- Focused Technology Solutions opens new headquarters: Railway Age
The company sees the new facility as a way to expand and reach its manufacturing goals.
- FreightWaves is in the holiday spirit: How to receive a free Apple TV 4K
Santa is sending you an Apple TV 4K this holiday season to keep the FreightTech celebration going! Register for FreightWaves LIVE Atlanta before December 18,...
- Parcel carriers shine in first peak week
Top four parcel delivery firms perform well in first week of peak season, ShipMatrix says
- Watchdog group finds EPA failed in glider kit repeal rule
Lawmakers call out White House for trying to obstruct OIG probe.
- Prologis expands in China with multibillion-dollar investments
Prologis expands Chinese footprint with multi billion dollar investments
- Removing sting of penalties for US export data errors
Agriculture shippers and forwarders work with CBP and Census in an effort to eliminate $5,000-$10,000 penalties for minor export data filing errors in the Automated...
- Outbound tender rejections fall year-over-year, seasonality still at play
Tepid volumes with an upside breakout in tender rejections
- Maryland secures funding for double stacking at Baltimore tunnel
The state has enough funding to allow construction to proceed, but the details are still forthcoming.
- Transportation Insight acquires LTL broker FreightPros
Transportation Insight pushes into LTL brokerage with acquisition of FreightPros
- Freight Futures daily curve: 12/6
Trucking Freight Futures end quiet trading session on Thursday while looking for direction.
- Oil prices surge higher, then fall back, following news of OPEC agreement
The group is widening its cuts but in the complex math that is OPEC, the announcement sounds more than the actual reductions are likely to...
- E-commerce poised to influence next surface transportation bill
E-commerce's role in transforming supply chain logistics should be a factor that Congress considers during the next surface transportation bill authorization.
|DECEMBER 6, 2019|
- MARINE FUEL ROUNDUP: Gazprom Neft plans launch of distillate-based 0.5% fuel in 2020
Russian oil major Gazprom Neft plans to supply 0.5% sulfur marine fuel from its Omsk refinery in 2020, company officials said in an interview on the company's website.
- OPEC+ makes deeper oil cuts, led by Saudi Arabia's surprise
OPEC, Russia and nine other allies delivered a new production cut deal Friday, just hours after it appeared their pact was close to unravelling.
- CRUDE MOC: Sour crude premiums tick down amid OPEC output cut decision
Benchmark cash Dubai and Oman crude premiums fell Friday at the end of the Platts Market on Close assessment process for sour crude, even as OPEC+ announced deeper production cuts for the groups supply output, a large chunk of which is priced against the two benchmarks.
- European gasoil cracks fall on month amid tepid demand
The front-month European low sulfur gasoil crack has declined about 6.5% from one month ago, a trend that cash market sources said was likely to attributable to slack regional demand.
- Petrobras shuns renewable energy despite fossil fuels backlash
Brazilian state-led oil giant Petrobras remains tightly focused on developing its huge offshore oil and gas resources despite rapidly escalating public concerns over the climate impact from fossil fuels, its chief executive said Friday.
- ARA fuel oil stocks rise 5.4% on week to 935,000 mt: Insights Global
Combined stock levels for fuel oil in the Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp hub climbed 51,000 mt or 5.4% to 935,000 mt in the week to Wednesday, according to data from Insights Global, just 26 days before the sulfur cap on marine fuel decreases from 3.5% to 0.5% next year.