|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- A.P. Moller-Maersk on track to deliver strong Q3; outlook for Q4 remains positive
- CMA CGM Group's e-commerce sites fully operational again, two weeks after cyber attack
- PIL enhances Mozambique Service
- Swire Projects launched to provide specialist shipping services
- DGFT permits export of Bangalore Rose & Krishnapuram onions
- Faceless Assessment - Measures for timely assessment of Bills of Entry and clarification on defacement of physical documents
- New export opportunity seen for Indian textile industry amid US-China trade war
- Shrimp exports to the US up
- APM Terminals boosts standardised container tracking system
- BIAL offering discounts on landing charges for cargo aircraft
- Cold storage segment in India projected to see significant growth in coming years
- Air cargo business recovering with rise in exports, addition of freighter services at major airports
- ACCD holds 43rd AGM to elect new Managing Committee under Rajan Nijhawan as President
- All India Passengers Association meets Maharashtra Port Minister to ask for desiltation at Rewas Bunder
- DHL Express announces price adjustment for 2021
|OCTOBER 14, 2020|
- Hybrid locomotives for more efficient transport
- Dnata upgrades in Singapore and Australia
- Munich airport extends footprint in Central America
- CO2-free city deliveries in eleven countries
- Anne-Marie Jean president of Rhine Europe Terminals
- New WEC route to Bilbao
- New CargoLine representative in Benelux
- Ceva deals in Poland
- 2,600 wagons to be connected with Nexeed soon
- New managing director for Interroll Automation
- Inland navigation protests in Rotterdam
- Boeing awarded governmental contract
- High-cube container facility saves space
- DSV introduces fast China-Europe road freight
- APM Barcelona introduces new technology
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- 12th Latam Cargo route between Brazil and Miami
- Glencar appoints three operations directors
|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- Maersk upgrades profit expectations again, but confirms 2,000 redundancies
- UK DfT snaps up extra ferry capacity to keep freight 'flowing smoothly' post-Brexit
- Cargo will be struggling for recognition again in latest Schiphol restructure
- The age of near-shoring? Too much disruption to supply chains, say shippers
- Despite peace talks at Port Botany, container congestion remains critical
- Industrial shipper Manitou to use wind-powered transatlantic ro-ro vessels
- Atlas Air adds Alibaba to its e-commerce charter credentials
- Snapshot: Lifting animal spirits at Kuehne + Nagel
- Supply chain radar: Yet another wonderful dawn with WiseTech, Mainfreight & Kerry
- On the wires: AP Møller-Mærsk - dinosaur extinction postponed
|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- NTSB: Incomplete safety procedures led to barge explosion
The National Transportation Safety Board has issued a Marine Accident Report detailing its investigation of the Nov. 4, 2019, explosion of barge IB1940, owned by J O Equipment, LLC, in the Illinois
- VIDEO: New Orleans RTA's newest ferry gets rave reviews from passengers
The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (RTA) reports that one of its two new ferry vessels, RTA2, entering revenue service on Saturday, October 10 at 6AM. RTA2 will serve as the primary
- Energy efficient dredge features Danfoss drive solution
Built at Royal IHC's shipyard in Krimpen aan den IJssel, the Netherlands, for Belgium's DEME Group, the 7,950-cubic-meter dual-fuel (diesel and LNG) hopper dredge Scheldt River features a Danfoss drive solution designed
- Carnival says "low likelihood" of data accessed in cyberattack being misused
Cruise giant Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) today released an update on the August 15 cyberattack on parts of its IT systems. "Information Security at Carnival Corporation acted quickly
- Hermitage Offshore vessels sold in bankruptcy auction
Scorpio Group controlled Hermitage Offshore Services Ltd. (HOFSQ:OTC), which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on August 11, has announced the winning bidders in the bankruptcy auction of its remaining fleet. It says
- BIMCO: China opens up 10 ports for foreign crew changes
BIMCO says that, according to its Shanghai office, seven Chinese governmental bodies, including the Ministry of Transportation (MOT), last week released a notice last week announced that 10 Chinese ports will resume
- Algoma Central takes delivery of second Equinox 650
Algoma Central Corporation, St. Catharines, Ontario, has taken delivery of the Algoma Intrepid, its second Equinox 650-foot Class self-unloading dry-bulk carrier. The ship has begun her voyage to Canada from the 3
- Following cyberattack, CMA CGM seeks extension of FMC filing deadlines
The Federal Maritime Commission says it is considering a petition filed by CMA CGM, and affiliated companies (American President Lines, LLC, APL Co. Pte. Ltd. and ANL Singapore Pte. Ltd.) requesting temporary
- Ulstein makes changes in group management roles
After almost 22 years as CEO of Norway's family-owned Ulstein Group, Gunvor Ulstein has decided to step down from her operational role on November 2 and, with her brother, Tore Ulstein, concentrate
|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- DSME wins order for six LNG newbuilds
DSME will deliver six LNG carriers to unidentified European shipowners by July and December 2023. The client has been reported...
- UK turns to EU ferry companies for post-Brexit cover
Ferry operators owned by companies based in France, Denmark, Dubai and Sweden have been signed up by the UK government to...
- InterManager seeks to clarify virus measures after infections
InterManager recommends that seafarers should be quarantined for 14 days prior to their coronavirus tests. The suggestion is being discussed...
- Seadrill slaps down creditor counterproposals
Company undergoing restructuring of $7.3bn debt burden, and reached interest suspension agreement last month
- From the News Desk: Trust issues for shipping's digitalisation drive
Shipping is well aware of the benefits of digitalisation, from the improved safety of crew and vessels to emissions reductions...
- UK royal pays tribute to shipping sector
'Maritime is nothing if not resilient. London International Shipping Week 2021 will focus sharply on what should turn out to...
- Downgraded UK shipping firms face stricter checks to access government relief
Leading UK shipping names among those in aviation and maritime sectors said to pass additional review to access government-backed loans
- Hermitage Offshore sells fleet in bankruptcy auction
Hermitage raised $80m from creditors for its 10 platform supply vessels, while Tidewater subsidiary VTG Ships bid $5.3m for its...
- Pavilion Energy in pursuit of 'decarbonised' LNG
One of Singapore's two licensed LNG bunker players has tendered for the supply of potentially carbon-neutral LNG from 2023
- China reported to have blocked Australian coal
Dry bulk market participants are expecting rates for capesizes and panamaxes to nosedive following reports that China has unofficially imposed...
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: China prepares to restore foreign crew repatriation | IEA does not anticipate rapid drop in oil demand...
- Maersk cuts 2,000 jobs and raises full-year guidance
Maersk's restructuring programme will result in the loss of 2,000 jobs, fewer than the number potentially affected. Strong performance in...
- Cosco agrees terminal consolidation deal in southern China
The capital boost will help the port consolidate its two large container terminals and add economies of scale benefits, says...
- US ports boost throughput as global economy rebounds
The US Commerce Department underlined a significant difference between imports and exports, saying the country posted its largest monthly trade...
- China Navigation launches project cargo division
The new projects arm will be based in Singapore, but will have global coverage with representation in Europe and the...
- IEA does not anticipate rapid drop in oil demand
The International Energy Agency anticipates that without significant policy changes from governments, global oil demand will not rapidly decline soon...
|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- Rise in US spot market truckload rates slowing
- New project cargo player brings ex-Zeamarine executives aboard
- Air freight market throws quoting into chaos for forwarders
- Ex-SAL executive joins DSV as director of global sea chartering
- Maersk boosts '20 earnings guidance again on strong demand
|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- P&O Cruises ship to become condo complex off Panama
Ocean Builders also plans to build Seapods offering at-sea dwelling
- Jacksonville firefighters sue after injuries in Hoegh Xiamen blaze
The lawsuit accuses the ship's owner and charterer of failing to maintain fire prevention equipment, leading to an explosion
- Danaos Corp triples share repurchase programme
Two stakeholders sell two 'blocs of shares' worth more than $30m
- Arrested Folk Shipping tanker to be sold at auction in Fujairah
Vessel is second controlled by UAE owner to be disposed of by National Bank of Fujairah
- Croatia's first FSRU Golar Viking arrives off the coast
Converted LNG carrier is due to load first cargo via ship-to-ship transfer in Adriatic Sea
- Idan Ofer makes US power play in $815m deal
Shipowner's OPC Energy to buy US clean energy company from private equity firm
- Ulstein family hands shipyard reins to new CEO Cathrine Marti
Gunvor Ulstein stepping down after 22 years to focus on longer-term strategy
- Clarksons Platou takes cautious view of box sector after Maersk hikes forecast
Analyst Frode Morkedal says profit guidance was not lifted as much as strong spot rates suggested, and 2021 could be weaker than this year for owners in general
- Global broker Aon urges P&I clubs to soften renewal rate rises
Broker says wealthy P&I clubs can afford to go easy on members struggling to cope with the financial fallout from the pandemic
- Seaspan and Capital fix latest boxship buys on long-term charters
Leading tonnage providers secure rare period charters in hot market
- Shipping set for boom decade due to under investment in new ships, says Cleaves
Norwegian investment bank says orders this year set to be fourth-lowest on record
- GasLog links up with IFC on Sierra Leone LNG-to-power
Project will use steam turbine gas carrier as an FSU for imports
- UK hands out more post-Brexit ferry contracts worth $101m
Move is latest bid to ensure vital supplies make it into the country after transition period ends on 31 December
- Norway's Tailwind seeks exit from shipowning with final sales
Norwegian company to complete its exit from shipowning.
- China Merchants Energy Shipping fights for Tesla ro-ro business
State-backed carrier wants a piece of the pie as Tesla revises its China strategy
- Greece makes new stab at privatising historic Niarchos-founded Hellenic Shipyards
Potential investors have seven weeks to prepare binding bids for what is touted as the biggest graving dock in the Eastern Mediterranean
- Scandal-hit Hurtigruten could sell hotels as fleet remains idled
Norwegian shipowner could raise cash from property disposals as most vessels remain idled
- Modec wraps up $969m funding deal for Brazil FPSO
Banks combine to back long-term chartering deal with Petrobras for Brazilian offshore project
- Probe begins after engine room fire on product tanker
Argentinean navy assisted in bringing incident under control on Di Giunta E
- DSME signs $1.7bn order for sextet of LNG newbuildings for Russia's Arctic gas exports
Price per vessel is over $50m cheaper than previous Arc7 ice class newbuildings
- Chinese salvor promises Wakashio wreck removal by Christmas
Chinese state-backed outfit has said it thinks it can move the wreck by Christmas
- China eases crew change restrictions by opening up 10 ports
Bimco gives shipowners advice on how to comply with new rules
- Adnoc reportedly pays top dollar for former Ugland ultramax bulker
Brokers say a firm reported price reflects the premium buyers are willing to pay for vessels from Japanese-run yards
- Shipowners' groups welcome Sea Cargo Charter without full endorsement
Bimco and the ICS are worried about bureaucracy and distorted CO2 reduction targets
- Maersk to axe 2,000 staff as profit outlook improves
Giant Danish shipowner continues reorganisation as third quarter result set to be solid
- Asian dry bulk markets in disarray as China shuns Australian coal
Confusion as China reportedly calls an unofficial halt to Australian coal imports
- Seadrill reveals attempt to 'cleanse' finances in talks with noteholders
Project Paratus consists of proposals and counter-proposals as drillship company tries to restructure debt mountain
- ADS Crude Carriers down to last ship as VLCC sales spree goes on
Norwegian owner offloads ADS Serenade for same price it sold sistership last month
- Alexander Saverys: CMB harnesses hydrogen in the battle against black swans
The Belgian shipowner has become a leading advocate of the alternative fuel to tackle decarbonisation
- Mystic Invest eyes UK and German markets as it buys ex-CMV cruiseship at auction
First of five CMV cruiseship put up for auction finds trading buyer
- Vale looks to cut shipping costs with new China port venture
Brazilian mining giant says project will allow it to secure total port capacity of 40 mtpa in Shulanghu
- China Navigation moves into heavy-lift project cargo sector
China Navigation Co launches a new specialist project shipping division targeting the energy, resource & infrastructure sectors
- West Africa Gas returns to Hyundai Mipo for newbuildings
LPG newbuilding order doubles fleet to four by 2022
- India looks to north America to replace Venezuelan and Middle East barrels
|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- New A321 converted freighter passes first test flight in US
The A321 has a lot of potential in the air cargo market because of its efficiency and payload. Companies are beginning to convert passenger planes...
- Hapag-Lloyd CEO cautious despite high demand, rates
"If you go back a couple of months, nobody would have expected that demand would be as strong today as it is right now," says...
- Delta reports $9B drop in Q3 revenue
Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) reported quarterly losses of $3.30 per share, which missed the analyst consensus estimate of $3 by 10%. This is a 242%...
- Alibaba taps Atlas Air for parcel airlift to South America
Alibaba is taking on Amazon around the world. Its latest move is in South America, with a new dedicated air service to speed up shipments.
|OCTOBER 13, 2020|
- Asian gasoil crack overtakes gasoline after 4-week flip as supply balance tilts
Second consecutive session to see gasoil swap crack higher than gasoline swap crack.
- Delfin Midstream newbuild FLNG able to support LNG bunker demand in US Gulf
Newbuild FLNG vessel design to have nameplate capacity of 3.5 million mt/per year: Delfin.
- China Oct LSFO imports from Singapore drop amid healthy supply, low bunker prices
High import costs a deterrent for Chinese buyers in terms of importing from Singapore.
- NYMEX WTI rebounds back above $40/b on China, IEA news
UK enacting tougher restrictions as coronavirus cases again rise, overall European demand continues to show signs of weakening.