|DECEMBER 6, 2020|
- China United Lines inks pact for shipping service
- EU warned against application of EU-ETS to international shipping
- Implementation of Merchant Shipping Bill, 2020 might actually turn out to be counter-productive
- RCL's feeder service to Port Klang commences from Haldia
- Govt mulling expanding outlay for RoDTEP scheme
- India's exports & imports down in April-Nov.
- RBI announces key facilitation measures for exports sector
- DP World Cochin achieves all-time high monthly throughput in November
- JN Port registers impressive growth in container & overall cargo handling in Nov.
- Large dimension vessels calling at Tuticorin
- India's GDP growth projection revised upwards
- 'The central bank's recent measures will definitely fuel the country's economic revival'
|DECEMBER 7, 2020|
- Numbers on the rise
- Rail services to cover Saint John
- Linking Asian and European e-commerce
- BGT record in Basra
- Champions of Eurasian road transport crowned
- China Airlines Cargo takes over its first B777F
- Sailors' Society welcomes new port chaplain
- Cooperation in Canada bears fruit
- Sabrina Nissen for North American market
- To haul 2.3 million t of ore a year
- Neovia acquisition in Austria
- UPS adds two Polish airports to its network
- ODW Logistics appoint Brian Drees
- Southampton doing a Felixstowe
- Expanding toll solutions in Europe
- Switzerland adopts further EU regulations
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- A new centre for Hoyer
|DECEMBER 4, 2020|
- Forwarders up in arms at 'monstrous' rise in air cargo handling charges
- Spot rates to Europe continue to provide seasonal bonuses for carriers
- Soaring US Covid infections disrupt peak capacity supply chains
- Congestion problems at UK ports stacking up as rising imports drive delays
- Reefer sophistication giving more of the world an appetite for avocados
- Dutch government shows how getting ready for Brexit should be done
- C-19 radar: Pfizer logistics & UK vaccine rollout. An (EU) family affair?
|DECEMBER 4, 2020|
- NSRP funds panel project on automated detail planning
The National Shipbuilding Research Program has awarded funding for a panel project on Automated Detail Planning and Instant Earned Value Control. The panel members are Netherlands-based Floorganise BV and ShipConstructor Software USA,
- Two FMC Commissioners seek rapid testing and priority vaccination for maritime labor
Two Federal Maritime Commissioners, Carl W. Bentzel and Daniel B. Maffei, are urging that rapid COVID-19 testing be made available as soon as possible to the essential U.S. maritime labor force, whose
- NASSCO wins $100 million Navy order
General Dynamics National Steel and Shipbuilding Co, San Diego, Calif., has been awarded a $100,040,336 contract for the execution of the a Whidbey Island-class dock landing ship USS Comstock (LSD 45) fiscal
- OSG takes delivery of second 204,000 barrel barge
The Greenbrier Gunderson shipyard in Portland, Ore., has now delivered the 204,000 barrel capacity oil and chemical tank barge OSG 205, to Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc. This is the second tank barge
- UK P&I Club launches Global Crew Change Advice manual
The UK P&I Club has launched "Global Crew Change Advice," a comprehensive manual that outlines current challenges and issues regarding crew changes in ports throughout the world. The UK Club worked with
- Hedda Felin named CEO of Hurtigruten Norway
Hurtigruten Group has appointed Hedda Felin as CEO of Hurtigruten Norway, where she will will assume her new role on March 1, 2021, taking the helm of Hurtigruten's iconic coastal Norway operations.
|DECEMBER 4, 2020|
- RightShip's new chief executive sets out his data-driven agenda
The evolution of ship quality assessment organisation RightShip has had its challenges over recent year but what has emerged is...
- UK P&I Club issues crew change rules guide
The UK P&I Club has released an A-Z guide of coronavirus restrictions in ports around the world. It hopes the...
- Glencore to cut emissions through coal assets depletion
The commodities trading house aims to become carbon neutral by 2050 mainly through the natural depletion of its coal assets...
- Do box shipping's safety standards stack up?
The loss of containers from ONE Apus is an unwelcome event. Attention needs to turn to how containers can be...
- Shipping pledges to cut plastic waste
The chamber has urged companies to ban single-plastics by the end of 2021 to help cut ocean waste. Its new...
- French diesel imports at 2020 low as lockdown curbs demand
Middle distillate imports seen at 300,000 barrels per day in November, surpassing April low of 340,000 bpd, according to data...
- Opec deal signals tougher start to 2021 for tanker owners
Addition equates to one more aframax loading daily, offering little cheer for owners contemplating 140 fewer tankers exporting crude each...
- Economic outlook: Gravity of global economy is rapidly moving east
The coronavirus pandemic has produced the deepest recession since the Second World War, disrupting economic activity, travel and supply chains...
- Nordic hull: Secrets of Scandinavian success
'You have the world's best centre of marine insurance, and you do things better than us in some areas. It's...
- Watch the 2020 Greek Shipping Awards
The Lloyd's List Greek Shipping Awards took place on Friday, December 4. Rewatch the entire virtual event on Lloyd's List
- Top 10 box port operators 2020
PSA's Peter Voser tops our regular rankings rundown of the global port operators. The Singaporean port operator stands head and...
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: China's shipping groups criticise EU carbon trading scheme | Vehicle carrier deliveries to drop in coming years |...
|DECEMBER 4, 2020|
- Long Beach initiative seeks 50 percent dual transactions
- Trucking employment gap constrains capacity
- Proposed India law pushes carriers on rate transparency
- CMA CGM puts hold on Asia-Europe bookings
- South China inbound feeder halt to add to capacity woes
- UK shippers forced to soaring spot market amid port chaos
- SeaRoutes gaining traction for ocean freight carbon calculation
|DECEMBER 4, 2020|
- Golar rockets back near pre-deal pricing on record day for stock market
- MR tanker rates jump by $4,000 in Middle East after Durban refinery explosion
- Anthony Veder adds lone ethylene carrier to renew its fleet
- Spain's Marflet Marine reveals MR2 product tanker buy from Norden
- Delays to core UK Brexit customs systems warned will cause massive ro-ro port disruption
- Carnival's ethics chief takes on SEC reporting role
- Polaris Shipping set to sell a 12th VLOC for scrap this year
- DSME confirms VLCC orders from Adnoc Logistics & Services
- IUMI head Turner takes newly created marine role at Victor Insurance
- Judge's regret at loophole as entertainer loses Royal Caribbean case
- Containers lost from ONE Apus leading to 'extraordinary costs'
- Swartz promoted to president of Holland America Group
- LNG steamship debate rages as shipowners discuss their future
- Second pirate attack thwarted as Minerva suezmax comes under fire
- Norden's head of legal leaving five months after being hired
- Gunvor seals $540m loan in green drive to expand biofuel activity
- Solstad avoids buying $122m ship by fixing it in South America
- Buyers sniff out bargains in small boxship market
- Penfield Marine steps up suezmax pool with Cosco newbuildings
- Greece's Evalend Shipping said to be offloading 20-year-old VLCC Najaf
- Odfjell splashes $19m on building South Korean terminal stake
- Siem Offshore unit sells idle anchor-handler in Canada
- Hurtigruten brings in Equinor's Felin as it adds capacity
- Continuity assured as lender HCOB renews bosses' contracts early
- Licence revoked: Danish Ship Finance sees future where pioneer zero-carbon owners carve up markets
- Bankers arrest Panthalassa panamax amid crew unrest
- Beijing said to lift coal import quota to cope with Australia ban
- End of China coal ban will release more ships than expected
- Vietnam says seafarer was killed in fight on bulker off Russia
- Guards on Laskaridis reefer fight off violent pirate attack
- Mercantile & Maritime Group unveils new shipping team
- Social media pictures show container carnage on ONE Apus
- GLDD plans Jones Act fallpipe vessel for US offshore wind market
- Singapore office proves a pathfinder for Wikborg Rein's diversity efforts
- Citizen of the world Ina Lutchmiah takes challenges in her stride
|DECEMBER 4, 2020|
- Manitoulin acquires third US freight forwarder
The freight-forwarding arm of Canada's Manitoulin Group has bought Chicago-based World Wide International Logistics, its third acquisition in the United States.
- Trans-Pacific box boom likely to last until March - or longer
There will be no letup in booming container imports in 2020. The only question now is how long it lasts into 2021.
- Kuehne + Nagel expands aerospace logistics offering to freighter conversions
Retrofitting a passenger plane to operate as a heavy cargo plane is a big engineering job that requires many new parts and disposal of old...
- FMC commissioners want maritime workers on COVID-19 vaccine priority list
Port communities in LA, Charleston and Philadelphia already at risk, officials assert.
|DECEMBER 4, 2020|
- SINGAPORE DATA: Residue stocks rise 7% to nearly 26 mil barrels on higher fuel oil imports
Singapore's commercial onshore residue stocks edged 7.13% lower week on week to 25.751 million barrels, or 4.06 million mt, in the week to Dec. 2 amid a 27% surge in fuel oil imports, Enterprise Singapore data showed Dec. 3.
- Med 0.1% gasoil cargoes hit 11-week high against NWE on tight supply
Mediterranean 0.1% gasoil cargoes have climbed to their highest premium to their Northwest Europe counterpart due to tight supply in the region from low refinery run rates and a lack of Black Sea exports, sources said.
- Offshore oil-exporting terminal Texas GulfLink receives key draft environmental review
The little-known Texas GulfLink project led by upstart Sentinel Midstream arguably took the lead in the now-stalled race to build offshore crude exporting terminals in Texas after becoming the first such project to receive a draft environmental impact statement from the federal government.
- OIL FUTURES: Crude price rally extends amid US stimulus hopes, weaker dollar
Oil prices settled higher Dec. 4 as optimism surrounding US federal stimulus negotiations and a weaker dollar offset pandemic-driven demand concerns.
- MARINE FUEL 0.5%S: Improving demand prospects push prices to highest since March
Global marine fuel 0.5%S markets saw increased prices and premiums to crude in November, and though the global economic recovery has helped, some concerns remain about whether an increase in run rates among refiners in coming months, causing another supply overhang.
- Panama Canal Authority to consider adding additional booking slots for LNG tankers
The Panama Canal Authority may add additional reserved LNG transit slots in the future to address the increase in US exports via the shortest route from the Gulf Coast to the key East Asia import market, the agency said Dec. 4.
- USGC No. 2 gasoil drops past two-month low
US Gulf Coast No. 2 gasoil fell Dec. 4 to its lowest level in more than two months, pressured by little demand to ship up Colonial Pipeline.
- Drybulk shipping feels the pinch after big scrubbers bet: analysts
**Almost half of dry bulk new builds fitted with scrubbers in 2020: BIMCO **Payback time for scrubbers has widened to 4-6 years **Scorpio Bulkers selling assets after unsuccessful scrubber foray
- UK government needs to invest in EV battery production to meet climate targets
**EV adoption continues, battery capacity lacking **10-point plan seen as political tactic **'Outlook bleak' without battery factories: Cornish Lithium
- RUSSIA DATA: Novorossiisk, Primorsk Jan-Oct freight turnover falls 21.9% amid constraints
**Coronavirus weighs on crude demand **Crude transshipment falls 32% on year **Russia liquid bulk turnover down 10.2%
- REFINERY NEWS: Puertollano concludes month-long maintenance
**Hydrocracker maintenance was broadened to other units **Company previously said it planned maintenance on petrochemical units
- ARA fuel oil stocks fall 11.4% on week to 1.304 mil mt: Insights Global
**Players work down inventories for year-end **More supply than buying interest in market
- European VLSFO backwardation hits nine-month high
The European very low sulfur fuel oil market has hit nine-month high as product comes to the market ahead of year-end.
- UK raises climate ambition to cut emissions by 68% by 2030
**UK ups target from previous 53% emissions cut **UK urges world leaders to raise ambition ahead of summit **New target follows UK's 10-point green revolution plan
- Bad weather halts bunker operations at Gibraltar: port authority
All bunkering operations at the port of Gibraltar have been suspended due to adverse weather conditions, Gibraltar's Bunkering Superintendent said.
- Bunkerworld Index: Prices keep rising amid signs of bullish sentiment
**Fujairah, Singapore traders optimistic demand will rise **Novorossiisk tightens on reduced refinery output **Latin American demand supported by sentiment from vaccines
- REFINERY NEWS: Explosion, fire breaks out at S Africa's Engen refinery
**Company to update later on Dec. 4 **Refinery had resumed operations after halting for poor demand
- Hong Kong Dec 0.5%S marine fuel differential inked at minus $3-$5/mt, unchanged from Nov
**Quarantine weighs on Hong Kong demand **Suppliers buying increasingly on spot, less on term-basis