|JULY 5, 2021|
- CMA CGM Overweight Surcharge from Indian Subcontinent to Egypt
- CMA CGM to temporarily reshuffle its EUROSAL service
- Container shipping set to attain new highs in 2021
- First international container shipping service flagged off for Dubai from Beypore port
- IWAI re-invites bids for privatising multimodal river terminals at Varanasi, Sahibganj
- Maersk launching two new exclusive weeklyservices to/from Far East Asia & North America
- Govt extends anti-dumping duty on Chinese PVC Flex Film imports
- Concession for APM TerminalsAlgeciras extended until 2032
- Indian firm wins contract to develop port in Myanmar
- Singapore offers harbour craft port dues concession
- Daily toll collection through FASTag reaches a new high
- Indian logistics sector rebounding
- Maersk Integrated Logistics Hub coming up at King Abdullah Port in Saudi Arabia
- India joins OECD/G20 inclusive framework tax deal
- Appointment of Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) within the jurisdiction of the Commissioner of Customs, NS-I, III & V, JNCH
- NYK cautions against fake websites
- Suez Canal Authority finalises deal with Ever Given owner on compensation
- Trade disruption scenarios & solutions from India towards building resilient supply chains
|JULY 6, 2021|
- New technology to load truck trailers
- Upgrade of Pan Am rail system planned
- Namibian to head Sara
- Enhanced technology for Redwood
- Schedule reliability: no surprises
- Air cargo between two Olympic host cities
- Steel factory orders Russian locomotives
- 40,000 hours is plenty
- Penschek returns
- Electrolux contracts in France
- Qatar Airways: more flights to Southern Africa
- Rebecca Garbrick goes Forward
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- After Corona on record course
- Distribution site for Dräger
- Laurels for RMI
- Back to Finland after 20 years
|JULY 5, 2021|
- Schedules still in turmoil as Covid issues drive port congestion, but there is light
- Ever Given ready to depart Suez after compensation deal is agreed with SCA
- Korea unveils multibillion dollar package to boost domestic shipping sector
- Air freight rates: 'a small imbalance of supply and demand can have a large impact'
- VICT deal with union adds to pressure on delay-hit Patrick to solve its dispute
- French consortium to study waste-to-BioLNG energy to power CMA CGM ships
- ShipBob boosts war chest to increase its global footprint and tech armoury
- Against the odds: Cracks finally appear in container line discipline
|JULY 5, 2021|
- ABB adds new Azipod function
A new digital solution supports crew in achieving optimum efficiency from the ABB Azipod electric propulsion system. Called ABB Ability OptimE - Toe Angle Optimization for Propulsion, the solution automatically selects the
|JULY 5, 2021|
- Lloyd's List Intelligence unveils AI risk analysis platform
Advanced predictive analytics and artificial intelligence software have augmented vessel movements monitoring to create a next-generation compliance tool that can...
- Zuyderzee to invest in vessels rather than companies
'I believe in tankers going forward. The market of course is horrible, but there will be upsides... But two years...
- Majority of EU shipping emissions could be included in carbon market
Containerships would see more than 65% of their emissions included in the EU Emissions Trading System under upcoming proposals from...
- Recycling rates hit 13-year high
Rising steel plate prices lifts rates to levels last seen in September 2008, just before the global financial crash
- Box bonanza to provide a decade's operating profit in a year
With volumes set to rise by 10% in 2021, and rates hitting record highs, box lines are putting aside a...
- Between the lines: Carriers ride record rates' wave
SeaIntelligence sheds light on carriers' recent upturn in profitability off the back of volume gains and sharp increases in average...
- Taylor Maritime sees 30% cash yields amid 'sustained improvement' in rates
'The material upward movement in our valuation reflects the sustained improvement in charter rates and is proof of the strong...
- Yantian calls resume as neighbouring ports remain under pressure
The pandemic in southern China brought Yantian to a standstill. But while ships are now returning the situation in neighbouring...
- Maritime forum names Christensen as chief in expanded management team
Johannah Christensen has been a leading figure at the Global Maritime Forum, whose influence and reach, especially in shipping decarbonisation...
- Egypt agrees to release Ever Given from Suez Canal
UK P&I Club says the vessel's owner has reached an agreement with the Suez Canal Authority. After a three-month delay...
- Samsung Heavy wins order for LNG carrier trio
An order for three 180,000 cu m vessels, which are scheduled to be delivered by February 2024, has been placed...
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: Enjoy the market fizz but beware the hangover | K+N's Otto Schacht predicts new era of sustained...
- Shipmanager believes 'small is beautiful' for better service
Su-Nav has invested in an in-house maritime training institute and an innovation centre for the maritime industry. The shipmanager is...
- Alfa Laval joins Wallenius to develop wind propulsion for ships
Societal pressure for shipping to meet climate change obligations has prompted the evolution of the wing sail-assisted car carrier. The...
- Israel probes suspected attack on boxship in Indian Ocean
The vessel was reportedly hit by a missile at the entrance to the Middle East Gulf in what is thought...
|JULY 5, 2021|
- Container shipping on track to $100 billion 2021 profit: Drewry
|JULY 5, 2021|
- Tanker owners brace for 'bad news' as Opec+ stalemate persists
- Capesize freight derivatives dive as 'fundamentals overpower futures'
- CMA CGM leads team working to supply bio-LNG to ships in Marseille
- Clarksons Research says booming markets may 'edge up' shipping's emissions in 2021
- Flex LNG shows it cares as loveboats bring young hearts closer
- Celsius Shipping linked to order for trio of LNG carrier newbuildings
- Marlow Navigation expands in offshore with takeover of Germany's Opielok
- Gibson Shipbrokers: US shale faces finance headache as ABN Amro exits
- Stolt Tankers' Vos hopes recovery will remove MR swing tonnage
- Sooner rather than later: Niels Stolt-Nielsen eyes acquisitions after tanker IPO
- MSI urges Poseidon Principles to adjust efficiency calculations
- China Merchants Energy Shipping preps sales of non-eco tankers
- CSSC Shipping firms up LNG carrier option at Hudong-Zhonghua
- Navios Maritime issues $80m of stock to settle inter-company loan
- H-Line adds to LNG carrier newbuilding tally
- Malaysia's Admiralty Court to decide fate of arrested cruiseship Oriental Dragon
- Taylor Maritime fleet value rises $33m since May on surging rates
|JULY 5, 2021|
- China wary of socio-economic impact of unregulated carbon market
Heavy industries are concentrated in the northern provinces that may need to buy carbon allowances from southern provinces, Peng Wensheng, Chief Economist at China International Capital Corp, said.
- Asia residual fuels: Key market indicators for July 5-9
The marine fuel 0.5%S cash differential surged to 82 cents/mt on July 1, the highest since April 28, S&P Global Platts data showed, before it edged down to 67 cents/mt on July 2.
- MARKET MOVERS ASIA VIDEO: Asian oil markets await clarity from OPEC+
On this week's Platts Market Movers Asia with Asia Shipping Senior Editor Sameer Mohindru: The fate of OPEC+ ministerial talks hang in the balance, with no decision reached by early July 5 on an agreement to gradually increase crude oil production.
- Oman bunkering foray at Duqm now seen in August after COVID-19 delays: traders
Oman entry into full-scale bunkering at the Port of Duqm may be delayed to August when a bunker barge is expected to be operating, traders told S&P Global Platts.
- REFINERY NEWS: Iran's Arak signs deal to start producing needle coke by 2025
The project will help the country's steel industry, which is currently hampered by sanctions, become self-sufficient.
- Middle East gasoil production set to remain flat amid lockdown uncertainty: traders
The KPC cargo was quite prompt...but it traded at 85 cents, which is still pretty decent for a cargo loading next week, one Middle East gasoil trader told S&P Global Platts.
- EUROPE AND AFRICA RESIDUAL FUEL: Key market indicators this week
In the Northwest European bunkers market, there continued to be no availability issues, despite lively demand, suppliers said. Sources at Antwerp reported that they had received a lot of inquiries, but added that there were no bottlenecks with regards to supply
- OIL FUTURES: Crude holds stable as OPEC+ resolves production plan discord
Global economy has been left guessing how much oil it will get next month after the Saudi Arabia UAE standoff, Sandu said.
- Saudi-UAE standoff persists in OPEC+ negotiations over oil production hike
'We cannot extend the agreement or make a new agreement under the same conditions," UAE energy minister Suhail al-Mazrouei told CNBC.
- DNV launches new class notations to aid shipping's decarbonization journey
DNV's new notations and rules updates enter into force Jan 1, 2022.
- Delo and Turmoil form bunker supply venture at Novorossiisk
Termoil will focus on sales and marketing activities while Sc Delo will focus on sourcing and physical bunker supply.
- Peninsula expands ARA bunker supply to Zeebrugge
"We recognize Zeebrugge as a valuable addition to our ARA operation," Dabrowski said.
- Panama Canal watching for surge in LNG transits to continue during early July
Congestion at the shortest passageway for LNG vessels between the US Gulf Coast and East Asia has been a persistent challenge.