|JULY 8, 2021|
- CMA CGM to reshuffle MIDAS 2 service connecting South Africa with the Middle East Gulf & India
- Container shortage a bane for exporters
- Demand boom in the US leading into traditional liner peak season
- Dry bulk market looking up
- Multi-month container ship charter rates continue to rise
- OOCL has an exceptional Q2 & H1
- Govt not imposing anti-dumping duty on certain copper products from China & 5 other countries
- Wheat exports get a fillip
- Operational Data of Gujarat Pipavav Port Ltd for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, as informed to the stock exchanges
- Tenders announced for repairs to Gujarat Pipavav Port following Cyclone Tauktae
- HyperPortTM aims at transporting containerised goods at high speed over hundreds of km using Hyperloop technology
- Call for exporters in SEZs to get incentives on degree of value addition
- Online filing of application for Authorised Economic Operators T2 & T3 launched
- Container vessel fire at Jebel Ali extinguished
- Ever Given resumes its journey, leaves the Suez Canal after over 100 days
- Sarbananda Sonowal appointed Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways
- Vaccination camp at SCI headquarters today
|JULY 9, 2021|
- USA: big merger in road haulage sector
- South Africa: Imperial sells its shares
- Czech carrier introduces intermodal line
- Equipment for Mars mission on its way
- Large truck order in Russia
- Emiratis hand over leadership
- Ramping up South Pacific cargo capacity
- Nile Dutch deal closed
- NYNJ continues recovery
- A.Hartrodt takes the southern route
- Four eTraxx for European cross-border operations
- Geneva and Vienna calling
- Treseder to head UK Chamber of Shipping
- Laurels for Priority Freight
- "Eco Catania" enters Christian seafaring
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- Chemical logistics company replaces CEO
- Battling Covid-19 in Latin America
|JULY 8, 2021|
- Fireworks in container may have caused explosion and fire on ship in Jebel Ali
- Lufthansa Cargo 'rides the waves', expanding into A321Fs and long-haul leisure
- Takeover bid for Imperial another large-scale logistics move by DP World
- OOCL extraordinary Q2 result confirms 'turbocharging' of carrier bottom lines
- UK hauliers give temporary extension to working hours a very mixed reception
- Environmental review derails Quebec container port expansion project
- Ningbo Ocean Shipping joins box ship newbuild buying spree
- Rashika Vijayakumar is Bolloré Logistics' new country manager in Qatar
- Supply chain radar: Rage against the machine
|JULY 8, 2021|
- Ballast-water-free LNG bunker/feeder gets double approval
Paris-headquartered GTT and its partner, China's Hudong Zhonghua Shipbuilding Group Co. (HZ), have received a double Approval in Principle (AiP) from China Classification Society (CCS) and DNV for their "ballast-water-free" LNG bunker
- OMSA in cybersecurity first
The Offshore Marine Service Association (OMSA) reports that the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) has recently issued formal approval of its recently updated OMSA Alternative Security Plan (ASP). The new OMSA ASP is
- Alfa Laval takes a stake in hull air lubrication innovator
Aiming to expand its toolbox for sustainable shipping, Alfa Laval today acquired a minority stake in a company developing a technology for which its founder, Gustaf de Laval first registered a patent
- Med Marine to build another ASD tug for Abu Dhabi Ports
Abu Dhabi Ports' Safeen Group has signed its second contract with Turkey's Med Marine shipyard for the construction of a MED-A2360 series tugboat. Delivery is set for July 2021. The vessel, a
- VIDEO: Box ship blast rocks Jebel Ali port
A massive explosion rocked Dubai's main port of Jebel Ali yesterday after a fire broke out on a containership identified as the 1993-built, 210 TEU, Cormoros-flagged M/V Ocean Trader. Although any explosion
- Ambitious green goals or logistics headaches?
In what is adding up to be yet another sign among many that the Biden administration is on board with tougher shipping decarbonization goals, the governments of the U.S., Denmark and Norway,
- CROE announces senior management change
Samuel W. Croll, CEO of CR Ocean Engineering LLC (CROE), has announced two changes to his senior management team effective July 1, 2021. Dominique Philibert has become president and COO, and Nick
|JULY 8, 2021|
- Ruling allows owners to demand direct payment of freight under bills of lading
Judgment will come as welcome news to owners, clarifying that they have the right to demand bill of lading freight...
- Shipper competition driving up freight rates
As long as there is more cargo than capacity to ship it, rates will keep rising. Shippers with long-term contracts...
- Seanergy agrees to acquire NYK capesize
The incoming vessel will be the sixth capesize purchase by Seanergy this year
- Holding Ever Given as a bargaining chip was an error
To maintain confidence of the world's shipping industry, Egypt must prove itself a reasonable interlocutor
- Master of bulker abandoned off Egypt allowed to leave
The ITF says the legal guardian system needs urgent reform following another recent case in which a young seafarer was...
- Greeks lead frenzied first-half secondhand buying
Activity in the dry bulk sector showed the greatest increase in comparison with last year's first half, with sales rising...
- Divisions over slow steaming and the carbon market
Liner shipping group the World Shipping Council and green NGO Transport & Environment are at odds over the EU's emissions...
- Weekly Briefing: Box carrier spending spree | Bulker confidence wanes | Tanker outlook dims
Sky-high profits have prompted container lines to return to yards in their droves. But rather than signalling a repeat of...
- Ever Given was human error but it won't happen again, says Suez Canal chair
The Ever Given's master was solely responsible for the decisions and actions that led to the blockage of the Suez...
- Gerald unit restarts Sierra Leone iron ore shipments after two years
The restart of shipments, initially from stockpiles, should benefit the supramax market, as the first consignment is 63,000 tonnes destined...
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: IEA wants greater transparency for 'carbon neutral' LNG | Dry bulk FFA volumes surge to fresh high...
- Port of Vancouver operations disrupted by wildfire threat
The British Columbia Wildfire Service said a hot, dry summer is predicted for much of the province, and that the heightened wildfire situation...
- Large explosion and fire on containership at Jebel Ali port
No casualties have been reported, according to authorities. They say the fire appears to have started in a container holding...
|JULY 8, 2021|
- Three southeastern US ports agree to remain in chassis pool
- More supply chain woes ahead as US retailers boost import forecast
- Headline hype obscures decarbonization snags
- DP World extends logistics buying spree to Africa
- NS extends emergency service cuts in Pennsylvania
- Hapag-Lloyd's Africa push boosted with NileDutch takeover
- Jebel Ali operations mostly normal after container blast
- UK move to extend driver hours slammed by truckers
- Fight for trans-Pacific vessel space intensifying
- Biden to urge FMC to step up enforcement, work with DOJ
- Tive, MarineTraffic link on vessel tracking
|JULY 8, 2021|
- Dalex founder and champion of democracy George Dalacouras dies
- Biden 'to take aim' at liner shipping competition amid freight rate surge
- The best hope for tanker markets is Opec+ breaking its stalemate analysts say
- Shipping keeps printing money in rampant 2021 comeback
- Capesize sales trail smaller bulkers, with focus on 10-year-old ships
- Containership explosion at Jebel Ali Port shakes Dubai
- Genco Shipping linked to $72m buy of Navigare ultramax trio
- Nigeria plays up anti-piracy success in push for war risk removals
- OSV on rescue duty saves 572 migrants in Mediterranean this month
- Carbon prices in Europe helping capesize demand as coal cargoes go east
- Togo jails nine men for up to 20 years in first piracy trial
- Samudera sells again as 2008-built feeder containership fetches $12.5m
- OOCL more than doubles second quarter revenue to $3.5bn as boom goes on
- IEA calls for more transparency on 'carbon-neutral' LNG shipments
- Axxis Geo changes name as it moves into carbon reduction investments
- Hyundai Heavy Industries workers down tools and occupy crane
- Turkish captain repatriated after a year in Egypt aboard powerless, Covid-stricken ship
- Yangzijiang to pull in another $1bn in orders, analyst predicts
- Galbraiths bulks up on S&P, carbon expertise and tankers
- Bulker crew members hospitalised and outbreak hits tanker despite jabs
- In step-by-step renewal, Safe Bulkers inks order for fifth newbuilding
- Saevik family aims for $58m IPO for cruise ferry unit Havila Kystruten
- Euronav doubles down on ammonia with orders for suezmaxes and third VLCC
- MSC climbs ranking of Europe's top climate polluters
- State company Asyad linked to sale of 40% chunk of Oman Shipping
- Simon Mokster wins first SOV wind farm contract with Equinor
|JULY 8, 2021|
- Southeast ports and carriers agree to upgrade chassis pool
The SACP 3.0 agreement will create the largest fully interoperable chassis pool in the U.S., covering the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and...
- Container lines set to topple quarterly profit records (again)
New disclosures by lines point to massive ocean-carrier profits in the second quarter.
- FMC onboard for Biden's ocean carrier 'crackdown'
Biden's executive order calls on the Justice Department to help regulators monitor pricing practices and anticompetition in the container shipping and rail sectors.
- Global shipping congestion calls for greater visibility
IRIS is GEODIS' eye-in-the-sky ocean and air shipments visibility platform for booking and managing exports in real time.
|JULY 8, 2021|
- NYMEX RBOB rallies as record demand weighs on US gasoline stocks
Total US gasoline inventories fell 6.08 million barrels during the week that ended July 2.
- India appoints new ministers for petroleum, steel, chemicals amid cabinet reshuffle
Hardeep Singh Puri has been appointed as the new minister of petroleum and natural gas, taking over the portfolio from Dharmendra Pradhan, who has been appointed as the education and skills development minister.
- REFINERY NEWS: Bilbao restarting hydrogen, desulfurization units
The H3 unit will be back online July 10 and G3 will be back July 12, Petronor said.
- Woodside to begin drilling at Senegal Sangomar, first oil still on track for 2023
The Ocean BlackRhino drillship arrived in Senegalese waters July 8, and was just southwest of capital Dakar, according to data from cFlow, S&P Global Platts trade-flow software.
- ARA diesel, gasoil stocks fall 2.6% on week
Gasoil demand has been impacted by the seasonal reduction in domestic heating during the summer, coupled with near 18-month high flat prices encouraging consumers to delay restocking.
- Jebel Ali port operations normal after container ship explosion and fire: UAE minister
**Ocean Trader fire was far from main shipping line **Authorities drafting plan to 'intensify precautionary measures'
- CHINA DATA: June bitumen blend imports remain heavy for independent refiners, but July volume to drop
**Merey, Iranian crude streams to continue **More fuel oil cargoes expected in July
- OPEC+ hikes June output by 540,000 b/d amid higher demand for crude
**Saudi pumps at five-month high of 8.97 mil b/d **Russian output flat at 9.51 mil b/d
- OIL FUTURES: Crude falls on fears of OPEC+ disunity, stronger dollar
The energy market has a handful of strong years left as the world makes the shift to renewable energy, Moya said.
- Med gasoil differential hits first premium to LSGO futures in 3 months
The market collapsed to a $10/mt discount against the LSGO futures May 17, which represented a 12-month low.
- Japan advances study for 1.5 mil mt/year blue ammonia supply from Russia's Far East
Japan expects to lower ammonia supply costs to the high Yen 10s/normal cu m-H2 by 2030.