ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

18 October 2019 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 15:53 GMT+2



December 18, 2012

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
Hapag-Lloyd and Hamburg Süd make official the start of negotiations for the fusion

The new company would put in field a fleet of 250 portacontainer for an ability to beyond a million teu

The German shipowning companies Hapag-Lloyd and Hamburg Süd have made official today the start of negotiations for the fusion of the two companies, having specified that it negotiate are lead in agreement with the shareholders of the two societies.

Currently Hapag-Lloyd has a constituted fleet gives approximately 150 portacontainer for a total cargo ability of 675 thousand teu, while the fleet of Hamburg Süd is formed gives beyond 100 portacontainer for an ability than more 400 thousand teu. With the fusion the fleet would go up to approximately 250 ships for an ability to beyond a million container teu installing the new company to the quarter place in the ranking of the main shipowning societies that operate line services, classifies that currently it sees to the first place Maersk Line with a fleet of the ability to beyond 2,5 million teu continuation from Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) with 2,2 million teu, from CMA CGM with 1,4 million teu, from Evergreen Line and COSCON, both with beyond 700 thousand teu, and therefore to the sixth place from the Hapag-Lloyd.

Currently Hapag-Lloyd is of property for the 77.96% of the Albert Ballin consortium, that it is participated by the city administration of Amburgo, Kühne Maritime, Signal Iduna, HSH Nordbank, M.M.Warburg Bank and HanseMerkur, while the remaining 22.04% are in the hands of the German group TUI that has expressed intention the intention to yield own quota.

Hamburg Süd takes part of the German group Oetker, property of the homonymous family, that it mainly has beyond 26.000 dependent and work in the alimentary field, that banker and the section of the shipping through Hamburg Süd, than work the services of line of the group, Rudolf A. Oetker KG (RAO), than work the services tramp (with beyond 50 ships), and the branch Brazilian Aliança Navegação and Logística.


PSA Genova Pra'
Logistics Solution



Search for hotel
Destination
Check-in date
Check-out date








Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail