April 24, 2019
- Mission of Propeller Italian Clubs to Antwerp and Rotterdam
- I confront with the two ports of call of reference of the nordeuropea portualità
- From Sunday to next Wednesdays a delegation of the The International Propeller Clubs will realize a new international mission that will follow those carrying out in Morocco, Greece, Spain, Malta, Hong Kong and Singapore and that will be animated by the participation of a nourished representation of the Italian marine cluster that will visit the ports of Antwerp and Rotterdam, the two ports of call of reference of the nordeuropea portualità, second the formula consolidated from the Italian organization that academic argument alternates, confronts between best practices and direct experience.
- The mission will begin on 29 April near the Department of the Transports and the Regional Economy of the University of Antwerp, with the meeting "Northern Maritime Ranges vs. Mediterranean Cluster, to vision about port & shipping trends and strategies" organized with the scientific collaboration of SRM - Studies and Searches for Southern Italy. The event, articulated in three sessions, will face crucial topics which competitiveness of the marine-harbour activities, governance of the ports of call, tendencies and evolutions in the field container, Belt and Road Initiative, naval gigantism, strategic choices for the portualità of the future, free zones. In the SRM occasion it will introduce the last relative statistics to the relations Europe Mediterranean-North and an unknown comparazione of the indices of marine competitiveness of the ports of call of Mare Nostrum. In the afternoon it visits to the Havenius, building planned by Zaha Hadid who accommodate several departments of the Harbour Authority of the Belgian port of call, and to the harbour area Deurganckdok where the operational characteristics of some of the main terminals will be shown.
- On 30 April it will be the turn of Rotterdam where the delegation of Propeller will be received in the buildings of the Harbour Authority. Here the development plans of the port of call before a tour of the port will be illustrated that will comprise the area Maasvlakte 2, the visit to the automated terminal Hutchison Ports ECT Delta and the logistics center Neele-Vat Maasvlakte.
- To the mission, as in all the initiatives precedence, they will participate delegated of the launches To propel Italian Clubs, shipowning, shipbuilding and logistic representatives of Authority of Harbour System, societies, ship broker, agents and shippers and other actors of the marine section of the peninsula.
- In sight of the mission to Antwerp and Rotterdam, the president of The International Propeller Clubs, Umberto Masucci, it has explained that "the specificity of this event resides in confronts directed with the best practices of the Europe North, potential instruments of improvement also for the Italian portualità. We intend - it has specified - to confront to us to bottom with the nordeuropea truth also in the optical to develop a relationship of partnership and not only of competition. As in the other missions we will pick the occasion in order to illustrate the progresses of the Italian portualità in the within of the Mediterranean and the international traffics".
- Northern Maritime Ranges vs. Mediterranean Cluster
to vision about port & shipping trends and strategies
Hilde MEERSMAN, University of Antwerp
Umberto MASUCCI, President, The International Propeller Clubs, Italy
Mauro COLETTA, Director General for shipping and ports Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport
MARITIME ECONOMY: the main phenomena (15 minutes for speech)
An Economic Outlook on the Mediterranean Sea: port & shipping trends
Alexander PANARO, Head of Maritime Dept., SRM (Intesa Sanpaolo Group Banking)
Comparing the cost of using different transport modes on the connection with Italy
Thierry VANELSLANDER, with Hilde MEERSMAN, Eddy VAN DE VOORDE and Edwin VAN HASSEL, University of Antwerp - TPR
1st ROUNDTABLE: Future PORT STRATEGIES and visions of the long term
(10 minutes for speech)
Riccardo FIRES, V/National President The International Propeller Clubs
Mark SCHEERLINCK, President Propeller Antwerp Club
Oliviero GIANNOTTI Italian Ports Association
Fabrizio DOORMATS, President Trieste Marine Terminal
Christa SYS, University of Antwerp - TPR
Geert DE WILDE (Nxt Port)
Eddy VAN DE VOORDE, University of Antwerp - TPR
SPECIAL FOCUS WITH THE 4 PRESIDENT OF ITALIAN PORT AUTHORITIES
(coordinator Alessandro Panaro; 4-5 minutes for every ports)
2nd ROUNDTABLE: Maritime SHIPPING & INTERMODAL TRENDS and new horizons of transports
(10 minutes for speech)
Edwin VAN HASSEL, University of Antwerp - TPR
Giorgia BOI, V/National President The International Propeller Clubs
Fabrizio VETTOSI, Member of Board of Italian Shipowners'Association - Confitarma
Andrea MORANDI, Member of the Board of National Federation of Maritime Agents - Federagenti
Maurizio APONTE, Chairman of the Board of Directors MSC - Mediterranean Shipping Company France KNOWS
Belgian intermodal rail operator ESSERS (TBC)