ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

19 January 2020 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 21:56 GMT+1

December 20, 2012

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
The societies of classification and certification Det Norske Veritas and Germanischer Lloyd announce the fusion

DNV will stop the 63.5% of the new group, Mayfair (family Herz) the 36.5%. The division Assurance Business will have center to Milan

The societies of classification and certification Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and Germanischer Lloyd (GL) have reached an agreement for the fusion based on which DNV will stop the 63.5% of the capital stock of the new society and Mayfair IF, company of the German family Herz that has the entire property of GL, has the remaining 36.5% of the actions.

The new group will have form of by right Norwegian limited liability partnership, will be called DNV GL Group, will have center to Høvik near Oslo, in Norway, a annual volume of transactions of approximately 2,5 billion euros and beyond 17.000 dependent.

In single naval field DNV GL Group it will put the fleet in class GL together, than at the end of 2011 it was constituted by 8.023 ships, with that in class DNV formed from 6.134 ships. The business in the marine field of DNV GL Group will have center to Amburgo. The headquarters of the division Oil & Gas will be to Høvik, while the Energy division will have to center to Arnhem, in the Low Countries, and the division Assurance Business will be installed in Italy, to Milan.

"The fusion - the managing director of DNV, Henrik O. Madsen has explained - has a strong strategic motivation and answers to the challenges of the increasing globalization, the fast technological evolution and the necessity of a sustainable development". The president of the society of Norwegian classification, Leif-Langøy, has announced that DNV and GL have lead negotiations for more tightened collaboration are in the period 1999-2000 that in 2006: "it makes it like me very - he has added - that now the times seem to be mature".

Autorità di Sistema Portuale Adriatico Meridionale
Evergreen Line

Search for hotel
Check-in date
Check-out date

Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail