July 21, 2020
- Declining Quarterly Results for Kuhne - Nagel Except
those generated by the air cargo
- The Swiss logistics group ended the period
April-June with a net profit of 170 million Swiss francs
- The impact of the coronavirus pandemic on activities
economic performance also had a negative effect on the results of the
second quarter of this year by The Swiss logistics group Kuhne
Nagel, a negative effect that has been mitigated by a
strong rise in economic performance in the
air shipments, despite a decrease in the volume of
- In the April-June 2020 period, the group recorded a
net sales of 4.9 billion Swiss francs (4.5 billion Swiss francs)
down -8.7% in the second quarter of the year).
last year. EBITDA and EBIT reported contractions
-6.7% and -12.6% respectively, falling to 421 million and 235 million respectively.
millions of Swiss francs. Net profit was 170
million Swiss francs (-16.3%).
- In the shipping sector alone, where cargoes
1.1 million teu containers (-11.7%), were affected.
net sales amounted to 1.7 billion swiss francs
Swiss (-11.9%), EBITDA was 94 million Swiss francs
(-27,1%) operating profit of 88 million francs (-28.5%).
- In the air shipping industry, where the volumes
decreased by -22.0% to 315,000 tonnes, the
net sales grew by 15.0% to almost 1.4 billion
francs. EBITDA was 120 million francs
(12.1%) EBIT at 110 million francs, or 17.0%. Kuhne - Nagel
specified that the increase in results contributed to the increase in
high demand for goods needed to deal with the crisis
- In the land shipping segment and other activities
net sales of 829 million euros
Swiss francs (-21.5%), EBITDA of 22 million (-38.9%) EBIT
nine million (-57.1%).
- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail