May 9, 2022
- Resumption of cruise traffic in Malta, although
activity is still reduced
- In the first three months of 2022 there were 25 thousand passengers
- In the first quarter of this year, 23 ships landed in Malta
cruise, with an increase of 14 naval units compared to
to the same period of 2021 when the cruise industry, which
still grappling with the negative effects on the business
determined by the Covid-19 pandemic, it was almost stopped due to
of the health crisis.
- In the first three months of 2022 passengers brought to Malta by
cruise ships were over 25 thousand (+216.3%), of which almost
all of passengers in transit. The office
Maltese statistician reported that 79.1% of all traffic
was made up of passengers from the Member States of the European Union and
mainly from German passengers (28.2%) and Italians (18.3%).
Of the more than 5 thousand passengers from non-EU countries, the
38.9% came from the US and 37.3% from the UK.
- Via Raffaele Paolucci 17r/19r - 16129 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail