testata inforMARE

17 May 2022 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 02:57 GMT+2



April 29, 2022

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
The EU Commission authorizes the entry of Hapag-Lloyd into the capital of JadeWeserPort

German company will acquire 30% held by APM Terminals

The European Commission has authorised the entry of the German containerized shipping company Hapag-Lloyd into the capital of Eurogate Container Terminal Wilhelmshaven, the company that owns and operates the container terminal of the port of Wilhelmshaven (JadeWeserPort), the only port stopover in deep waters of Germany. Hapag-Lloyd will acquire 30% percent of Eurogate CTW from the Dutch APM Terminals of the Danish shipowner group A.P. Møller-Mærsk, while the remaining 70% percent will remain in the hands of the German terminalist group Eurogate ( of the September 28 2021). The transaction will include 50% percent of the capital of Rail Terminal Wilhelmshaven, the company that operates the German port terminal, a company that will continue to be participated by Eurogate with the remaining 50% percent.

Commenting on Brussels ' green light on the acquisition, Hapag-Lloyd highlighted that its participation in JadeWeserPort will help to further improve the competitive position of Hapag-Lloyd, particularly in traffics with the Extreme East, while strengthening the German ports.






Index Home Page News

- Via Raffaele Paolucci 17r/19r - 16129 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail